1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best way to remove satellite radio antenna?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FCheek2012, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Feb 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    FCheek2012

FCheek2012 [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner
    When I bought my truck, I noticed that the previous owner had installed satellite radio in the truck. When he sold it, he of course took the radio with him, leaving me with the wires sticking out from the side of the dash (which can be hidden easily) and the big black circle antenna right above the windshield. I discovered that the antenna itself is actually a magnet that can be pulled off easily, but the wire looks like it goes down into the windshield. My first thought was to just pull it out, but I didn't in fear that it would cause some sort of conflict with the windshield.

Have any of you had this (I guess you could call it a problem..) problem? If so, how did you take care of it? I want that antenna gone, but only if it'll come off without doing damage.

2. Feb 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    Its probably ran inside the molding..take your time and pull it out, nothing major to worry about

3. Feb 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    You should be able to find the loose plug somewhere under the radio. If your not reusing it cut the wire and pull if from the antenna end so you don't have to fish it.

To Top