1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Better door speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TRDGoatFarmer, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Jul 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    TRDGoatFarmer

TRDGoatFarmer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4 ( all stock)
    Moto metals, Toyo Open countrys, K and N CAI
    Hey yall,

My taco has a pretty decent sound system for a stock truck. I listen to 99.9% country music, but that other 00.1% is rap, I turn the bass up and let it bump. lol But once I get about to 35 ( stock radio) the speakers start to crack and pop.

Now, my question is if I got better door speakers, lets say from alpine, or pinoneer. Would It "thump" more? I dont wanna waste my money on subs and amps and all that stupid bull since I listen to rap once in a blue moon. But would the speakers improve on the already good bass??

2. Jul 16, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    Not necessarily. While new speakers would be an upgrade, more likely you'd get an upgrade in sound quality versus an upgrade in a specific frequency range. Bass typically doesn't improve with aftermarket speakers and a stck HU. Lack of power is usually the issue. To get more bass, you'd need more power. I'm speaking in generalities here, so bare with me.

I was in your situation in a way. I wanted more thump and quality, without going through the full amp/sub deal. So I upgraded my HU to an aftermarket Alpine unit, and I also added the "power adder" inline amplifier that can be installed behind the HU. Then I'm just upgrading the 6 speakers for a better overall system. More thump and more quality.

Speakers are on their way as we speak. :D Can't wait!

3. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    TRDGoatFarmer

TRDGoatFarmer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4 ( all stock)
    Moto metals, Toyo Open countrys, K and N CAI
    Can you show me a link to this head unit and the "power adder"? How much did the total set up cost you.

4. Jul 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    Alpine KTP-445

My particular headunit is the IDA-X305s. Although, you can use the KTP-445 with any of the newer Alpine units I'm sure. I got my HU for ~$250 and the KTP-445 for ~$100, both on Amazon.

5. Jul 20, 2010 at 3:14 AM
    671born

671born Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 5-Lug
    Audio, Blacked out Badges
    Yeah, you would notice more of a difference if you purchased an aftermarket head unit rather than aftermarket speakers simply because of more power. You can then utilize the HU's eq to boost whatever frequencies you want, including bass. But aftermarket amps and speakers would definitely take your system to a whole new level. Remember: Stock sucks!

Products Discussed in

To Top