1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Better gas mileage

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Talk' started by Funday, Apr 27, 2023.

1. May 14, 2023 at 7:26 AM
    Kbar

Kbar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western WA
    Vehicle:
    22 OR
    Yea I noticed a long time ago if I got on the phone with mom or someone from back home and had a bs session on the commute home get better mileage. That’s because I’m just going with the flow of traffic and not pressing anything. Kinda like autopilot. I’m paying attention but have succumbed to the traffic drawl some afternoons do. I see jackasses weaving in and out of lanes yo gain 10 cars ahead on the freeway and by the time I get to the exit I’m passing him on the off ramp watching him tailgate someone in the left lane. Go with the flow of traffic. I believe everyone would get there sooner and get better mileage if they just went with the flow of the road. But we aren’t all the same and people get rude and greedy and too slow so we get the hot mess we got on the roads today. If you want better mileage keep a decent distance from the car in front of you, don’t let the tail lights in front of you rule your brake pedal. Coasting to slow down is far better than riding someone’s ass and slamming the brakes everytime they do. The overuse of brake lights are one of the biggest problems in traffic today. People following the leader too close. Back off a little and flow with the road

Phlogiston and petethemeat like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top