1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Better headers and sticker....

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TacomaGus, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jul 22, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    who in you opinion makes the better headers thorley or JBA?? I'm looking to put a set on my 4 banger in the near future but wanted to see who likes which more and also what's the diff between short and long tubes and do they perform differently?

also where is everyone getting the Tacomaworld stickers from??? i'd love to get one...

2. Jul 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    bermise

bermise Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    X1 I want to know the difference between short and long tubes also. I know the long tubes won't pass inspection in California.

3. Jul 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    ^^^^^
    really like your suspension set up

4. Jul 22, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    bermise

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    Thanks man, the compliments help me justify spending all of my money! :D I got the suspension stuff pretty much nailed down(need some Timbren bumpstops and a ubolt flip kit only), just need to work on some engine performance mods now.

5. Jul 23, 2009 at 5:42 AM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    short tubes are emission legal because they weld up to your existing forward cats (hence, not removing any cats), long tubes remove the front cats and that is why they don't pass emissions. Less gain from short tubes but still an improvement.

EDIT: Oh and for the stickers just send a message to TcBob with your name/address and he will get one sent out to you.

6. Jul 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    bermise

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Message from a tech at Doug Thorley:

Most people say that the shorty will give you more bottom end due to retaining a small amount of backpressure. The cons are they are a weld on app versus the long tube which is a bolt on.

Long tubes perform better at high rpm range like when street racing. I am waiting for a reply for the differences they note in acceleration with shorties vs long tubes.

Products Discussed in

To Top