1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Better way to locate a Toyota?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by yote, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Jun 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    yote

yote [OP] Active Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport / 98 TRD OffRoad
    None Yet
    Is there a better way to locate exactly what dealership a particular Toyota is located?

For example if I go to Toyota.com or Buyatoyota.com and put in my zipcode and select a dealer, no matter what Toyota I pickout (SouthEast region) it always shows my local dealer (Modern Toyota). There is no way to find out what dealership the vehicle is actually at and I find the best way to deal is to negotiate one right on the lot.

Any ideas? Thanks, Marty

2. Jun 7, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    vehix.com will let you select what vehicle you're looking for, and which exact dealer has it. cars.com, and autotrader.com work well too.

3. Jun 7, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco clowns to the left-jokers to the right

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    SouthCentral Indiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Doublecab TRD OR Whitetail 4x4 SR5 V6 Auto
    Seat belt chime mod, Rear spring TSB, Xzilon paint and fabric protector, front tint 15% too dark, redo to 30%, Weathertech Liners frt&bck,foglights on anytime mod,use defrost w/o A/C mod. Powdercoat black TRD skid plate. Sockmonkey custom 'Whitetail' decals. OEM bedmat. A.R.E. V series shell with some goodies. WeatherTech vent visors.
    You could say I negotiated the price for my vehicle right on the computer. I searched the inventory on the dealerships websites in the area cities and started sending e-mails.

They can communicate over e-mail at their convenience and one day when they are having a slow day they might drop you a line with a good price because they want to make a sale. I was looking at old models left on the lot in September which helped me too. Patience also is of the utmost importance.

After much negotiating over the computer, and then many miles of traveling by vehicle to verify the good deal, I ended up having the best deal being the one I negotiated over the computer at one particular dealership. Gotta play them against each other.:D........I never sat in my truck until I bought it.

4. Jun 7, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
To Top