1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

beware: XENONHIDCONVERSIONKIT.COM

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by hotrod45, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM
    Lostoam311

Lostoam311 YETI

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 YETI
    Spec D headlights (garbage, Do not buy) replaced bulb with H7 80W Osram Off Road bulb so I could actually see. The lights they send do not put off any light at all and it's impossible to see anything at night... TOYO Open County AT III's (smooth ride, not loud) with Matte Black 17-In. TRD PRO Wheels Plasti dipped emblems and Bull Bar (Lasted about 2 years, need to spray them again)
    my passenger HID headlight went out tonite... Third set of bulbs I've replaced in about a year... something's gotta be wrong! thinking it may just be the cheap chinese parts I buy on ebay... anyone got a group rate or know a reputable place to buy a new set??! need 55w 9003 6000k or maybe 8000k... maybe swap out my hella black magic 500's for HID's while I'm at it... the more light the better!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    go with 6000ks

I run 8000ks and occasionally cant see crap in the rain

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    Lostoam311

Lostoam311 YETI

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 YETI
    Spec D headlights (garbage, Do not buy) replaced bulb with H7 80W Osram Off Road bulb so I could actually see. The lights they send do not put off any light at all and it's impossible to see anything at night... TOYO Open County AT III's (smooth ride, not loud) with Matte Black 17-In. TRD PRO Wheels Plasti dipped emblems and Bull Bar (Lasted about 2 years, need to spray them again)
    thx, sent him a pm...

4. Feb 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Ya I wouldn't even go 6000. Anything other than 4300 (OEM HID color) or 5000k (Pure white) is just an attempt to replicate the cutoff flicker of a projector system. You lose a lot of light and massive amount of color rendering doing so.

5. Feb 3, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    5k is pretty much the max you should run. I made the mistake of running 6k. Doesn't work well in the rain.

6. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    hotrod45

hotrod45 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    16 sr 5 access cab
    still fighting with these perps to get my dough back. word for the wise, just stay away from these people.

7. Feb 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    Thanks for the heads up. Hate paying good money and getting screwed

8. Feb 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    hotrod45

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    16 sr 5 access cab
    after harassing these people for the past week on their on line live chat, i finally got my refund this morning. the package arrived at their place 2-10. 12 days to get their head out and do the refund. honestly, stay away from this outfit.

9. Mar 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    aningbatungbakal

aningbatungbakal New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ANING
    i purchased 2 HID kits, one for the headlights and the other for the foglamps. the headlights work well but the one for the foglamps did not fit. i realized that they sent me a different bulb size which had different guides so it would not fit in the slots. after several attempts to contact them i finally got through and spoke to a person named john who told me he was the manager, i told him my problem and he started telling me that i didn't know what i was doing. he wanted me to shave the guides in the bulb so they would fit and refused to entertain any return/refund.

this is the same company as AUTOPARTSPRO and they are located in canada. try returning your damage item there and it will cost you at least $20 or more. this was their error, and they refused to give me a refund, what more if you are claiming for warranty 1 year from now.

10. Mar 17, 2012 at 4:30 AM
    hotrod45

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    16 sr 5 access cab
    AS I WROTE, THEY WERE NOT COOPERATIVE AT ALL. as mentioned, i finally sent it back to new jersey where it was sent from. then played the game getting the refund. i thought i was going to have to start a complaint with paypal to get this settled. they are definitely a bas company to do biz with

11. Mar 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    TRDRIDE

TRDRIDE Life Is Great!

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust System, TRD Cold Air Intake, JBA header, Integrated MacMini audio system, 3' Ultimate lift kit"Toytec", OME Rear leaf spring
    I had the same bad experience. I ordered an HI-LO HID kit and one bulb doesn’t work so I called and emailed few times with no response. Finally after several attempts online chat I reached a person named John. Took him almost 15mins just to type one sentence and another 15 to 20mins to reply..gone into almost an hr to finally got him to say “ I will ship a new bulb right now and should be there a week” Waited for two weeks and still no package.. now I am back trying to reach them for the status update. Highly not recommended

Products Discussed in

To Top