1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**BEWARE**

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by John, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 11, 2011 at 4:40 AM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    does anyone know if this guy has any usernames on here?

2. Mar 11, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    espdtrd08

espdtrd08 espdtrd11

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Magnetic Gray DCLB Trd Sport 4x4
    OME 885x's with bilstein 5100's up front. Rear tsb with block for now. 265 70 17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Bed mat, Bed extender, Weathertech floor mats, smoke oem led taillights, Besttop
    First and foremost thank u John for trying to put something together for me to help me out. This was a bad situation and lesson learned. I just can't believe that there are people this jacked up. I just want to say that I appreciate everyones generosity and comments being posted. Good people on here! I'm not expecting anyone to help me out but really appreciate even the thought of helping out. Thanks and take care!

3. Mar 11, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Wow, I feel your PAIN. That is one of the worst things next to killing someone I think. "People" like that should get at least 10 years for doing that crime.

I'll donate $25 if we can find 18 people or $50 if just 10 people want to ante up.

Steve

4. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    vbibi

vbibi Well-Known Member

Member:
    san fransisco bay area
    Vehicle:
    2009 4door long bed
    I am shore that it won't be a total loss. Western Union makes you go through hoops to get your money. A complaint to the local police in SD. will put an end to his scams. At this point Western Union knows who, where and how, together with what he had for breakfast, and won't be hard to find him. Just a remark fron a retired cop.
    Take care
    vbibi:(

5. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
    This is my husbands account, and I was commenting on a thread I posted on here when I saw this. This same thing happened to my family, but they actually called my family and said my sister had a warrant out for her arrest on an outstanding traffic ticket. My sister was in basic training for the military, so they were unable to talk to her... and definitely wanted nothing to effect her military career. So they sent the money via western union. When my sister called and they spoke with her about it is when they found out they were scammed. (Since this happened on an Air Force base, they OSI was able to get involved... so for the person that said they were military.. you can try and get their help).

Well they were able to get a hold of the western union where they sent the money... and it obviously had a camera. They caught this person on camera which is how they ended up putting her behind bars. The same day she held a 89 yr old man at gun point and stole his money at an ATM.

About 7 years later, (she was in jail the whole time), my parents got their money back.

It may be worth trying to track down the western union. :)

Hope this helps.

6. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit

HAHA I didnt stiff you completely like this guy, but I did send you filthy tires! :brianr:

7. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Thats BS, we've got members in San Diago and you've got the guys number, go pay him a visit

8. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen
    ???

9. Mar 11, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    Wow I am sorry for all the people who have had to go through this & really hope you are able to go through the proper channels as recommended to get your money back.

As IluvTea said, they are out there in force & targeting people, especially military big time unfortunately.
    We just had a incident at work where someone put up a bogus facebook acct with a MG's official photo (website) & was posing as the MG contacting people off facebook asking for donations for soldiers who could not get home on leave, need phone cards, you name it.
    People sent this person money (a couple thousand) from knowing how to exploit them ie. good person, nice things, not locking down their profiles etc. This was an MG they were inpersonating!
    There is no gutter low enough & will use any scrap of info to turn against you & exploit.

BOLO for this bottom feeders who troll our site, facebook etc. looking for info. No one in an official capacity from DOD will contact you via facebook, offroad forums, miltary.com for donations.

Please be careful with you cash, you all work hard & these people don't.
    If there is someone who needs a donation, please work through a mod so we know it is legit. Thanks.

10. Mar 11, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    espdtrd08

espdtrd08 espdtrd11

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x's with bilstein 5100's up front. Rear tsb with block for now. 265 70 17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Bed mat, Bed extender, Weathertech floor mats, smoke oem led taillights, Besttop
    Well I have contacted Western Union and made a case number. They told me this happens a lot and there is not much they can do after the person has collected the money. I also have a police report. Now they are telling me that I have to contact california police department and attorney general. These type of people will rot in hell!

11. Mar 11, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    John

John [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey guys I'm glad to see that there's interest in setting up a donation for espdTRD08. (If he wants to give us his first name so we don't have to refer to him as that, that'd be cool) To get an idea of who's all in just post a reply with "I'm in". Once we figure out how many people, we'll have a better idea of the donation amount. Obviously you can donate as little or as much as you like, but if we have a lot of generous members, the amount can be pretty small.

Thanks

12. Mar 11, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    espdtrd08

espdtrd08 espdtrd11

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Thank you all! My name is Ernest!

13. Mar 11, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    John

John [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey yeah I went through the same thing. Filed the report with Western Union and my local Police here in Boise. They basically said, "we'll file the report but we're obviously not going to follow up by driving to California and looking around for this guy." The problem is he knows this and that's why he's so cavalier.

He told me that he lived in Rocklin at first, but the money was picked up in Menifee and he actually came out and told me later that he lives in San Diego. He basically admitted the whole thing to me in some kind of lame confession. I honestly feel bad for the guy and when he texted me to tell me it was a scam, I really wasn't even mad. Just disappointed as I've been looking for these wheels for months. At any rate his phone number is 951-229-7306 but he admitted that it is a prepay phone that he can (but probably won't) terminate whenever he wants. Seeing as I (and Western Union) know the precise place where he picked up the cash, it stands to reason that the surveillance camera's there should make this an open and shut case. Except the problem is that it isn't a case because I don't live in California, so the California police don't give a damn.

I have an entire text transcript (about 2 hours) of his meandering confession and subsequent whining about how hard it is to find a real job and how easy it is to steal money from trusting people online. If any of that can be helpful in any way. I have it. That said, unless he's caught, I don't think it will provide much aid in apprehending him.

14. Mar 11, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    ssrpol78

ssrpol78 Member

Member:
    Maryville,TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TRD/Off Road
    De-Badged
    He almost had me too - I replied to him early AM and went through all the motions, sent me pics of the wheels, etc. When he told me a Western Union was beside the UPS Store, I looked at Rocklin,CA on google maps and could not find a Western Union anywhere neare a UPS Store. At that point I told him I decided to buy a set locally...........some people are asshats.

15. Mar 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    Thucker

Thucker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Mag. Gray BC LB Sport 4x4
    So that's like 5-6 of us that he tried to scam/scammed. What a piece of shit. So after I told him I'd wait for his paypal to be active again, he said thats fine and he'll let me know when it is. Yesterday, I asked for pictures of the actual wheels that he's selling. He stopped responding. Before he would respond within minutes.

16. Mar 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Im still wondering why we dont have a screen name mentioned for the person who allegedly riped people off.

17. Mar 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    ssrpol78

ssrpol78 Member

Member:
    Maryville,TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TRD/Off Road
    De-Badged
    he is "halfpastdead" on toyotanation

email is halfpastdead_28@yahoo.com ( I beleive this is correct - have to check when I get home from work)

The pics he sent me are somebodys truck on this site, but I could not find it

18. Mar 11, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    Alright. I contacted the moderators over there, asking them for info on the thread, etc.

19. Mar 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Go Chris!

Lay some Mod justice on lil pricks like these... If you guys can trace IP's for an address.. I'm just saying... we've got members everywhere.

20. Mar 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    This thread is being closed for the time being until the mods and admin can figure things out. Something shady is going on, and at this time, I encourage everyone to hold on to their money. The thread on Toyotanation was closed by the mods over there:
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374723

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top