1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BF Goodrich Long Haul Trail Tour ?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by onei, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Oct 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM
    onei

onei [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Sport
    Stock Truck except for Stainless side rails & ExStang TriFold Tonneau.
    Fellow Tacoma Owners,

I just had a piece of metal go through my original Bridgestone Duelers on my '05 Tacoma. You know they won't do a repair so that means replacement. I still have pretty good tread life remainingm with only 37K on the truck. I took the tire to my local Costco for repair when they gave me the bad news. The only tires they have to replace them are either teh Michelin Cross Terrain at 239 a piece or the BF goodrich Long Haul Trail Tour at 166 a tire. Big difference. Looking at them, i didn't see a whole lot of difference. Knowing that Michelin has a great reputation, but not knowing much about BF Goodrich, other than they been around a long time. Has anybody had any experience with these BF Goodrich tires? They seem to be designed for CUV & SUV. I don't have 4wd, so I'm thinking they would work but I would like some opinions. I'm a little tight to purchase 4 of the Michelins right now but the BF Goodrich is doable. I cold get two Michelins to hold me over. SO give me some feedback if you have some experience with either of these. Costco is close to the house and offer a good warranty for me.

Thanks, Onei ;)

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    onei

onei [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Sport
    Thanks John,

I started doing a little homework on the internet. Both the Michelin & BF Goodrich have a lighter Max Gross than the originals. Yes your right, it is the Long Trail. You seem confident that they can carry a load though ? I don't carry many things but when I do its usually a heavy load. Most of my driving is city not much highway. I appreciate your input. Thanks

3. Oct 10, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I couldn't tell you about what they're like with loads, but the wife has them on her Grand Cherokee and they work really well in snow and ice as a highway tire without much off roading.

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    onei

onei [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Sport
    You're probably right, I should check to be sure the price is in line with outher tire dealers. Costco is a warehouse similiar to Sam's club so there is no wheeling and dealing. I assume that there offering me a good price sometimes without checking around. What I do know is that they offer excellent service and will stand behind what they sell, more so at times than the tire dealers. On the other hand they just don't carry a lot in the 17" size for this vehicle. I have the Michelin Cross Terrain's on our Murano and I'm not all that thrilled for the cost. They are very noisy, almost like winter tread. I was concerned about the Max Load of the BF Goodrich but it doesn't sound like that will be an issue.

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top