1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BHLM Completed, + a few tips and UWS Tool Box

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 11BSSG, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:00 PM
    11BSSG

11BSSG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    33°28'18"N /-86°48'2"W
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 A/C 6 Spd
    Front-Billy 5100'2 @ 2.5, Rear- Wheelers 1.5" AAL w/ Billy 5100's, 17" XD Addict's, 285/70-17 Nitto TerraGrappler AT's, 20% Tint, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, N-Fab Nerf Steps, K&N, Black Head Lights, Hard Wired GPS, XM Onyx, Hardwired Radar Detector, Ultraguage, Thule Mtn Bike Lock, Sleeved Fog Light Housing, Black Emblems, Satoshi/Color Matched grille, Misc. Security Upgrades.
    I've had the truck for a whopping 2 weeks and thanks to TW, I've managed to already start on the mods. Blacked out headlights completed today. I printed off the instructions on this forum and went to work, successfully turning my living room into a working garage and substituted dinner in the oven for a few headlights. I decided to tape off the area where the blinkers are so it would stay chrome and retain full use. I also baked the freshly painted parts at 200 degrees (oven off, just using residual heat) to make sure the paint bonded to the surface. *I used RustOleum paint for plastic* Once everything was ready to be put back together I used the original seal then went over the whole housing with silicone to make sure it stays waterproof.

Yesterday I put in my UWS Low Profile Black toolbox and couldn't be happier about it. I also ordered some 3" N-Fab Nerf Steps that should be here Friday from TruckCustomizers.com for $250 total.

Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics but I don't have my camera at the moment. When I install the nerf steps I will get some better pics of the truck and post them. :D

photo (2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    photo(5).jpg

2. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Looks good!:thumbsup:

3. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Looks good, though I'd ditch the mustache (useless bug deflector)

4. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:15 PM
    11BSSG

11BSSG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    33°28'18"N /-86°48'2"W
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 A/C 6 Spd
    Front-Billy 5100'2 @ 2.5, Rear- Wheelers 1.5" AAL w/ Billy 5100's, 17" XD Addict's, 285/70-17 Nitto TerraGrappler AT's, 20% Tint, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, N-Fab Nerf Steps, K&N, Black Head Lights, Hard Wired GPS, XM Onyx, Hardwired Radar Detector, Ultraguage, Thule Mtn Bike Lock, Sleeved Fog Light Housing, Black Emblems, Satoshi/Color Matched grille, Misc. Security Upgrades.
    Dang, now I want to go check the hood and make sure the bug deflector isn't eating up the paint. Thanks for the heads up, good lookin' out. It came with the truck, I like the look of it, so I may try to find a better one.

Products Discussed in

To Top