1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BHLM Help Please!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SR5Yoda, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Jun 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    SR5Yoda

SR5Yoda [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Haverhill, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 6 Speed
    Remote Start, Tonneau Cover, BHLM, Wet Okole Covers, Flowmaster exhaust.
    I am currently in the middle of the BHLM, I have taken out the lights baked them, painted the chrome pieces, and now I am currently trying to put the freshly painted pieces back onto the headlight frame.

They do not seem to want to go back together and I can not see where the 2 hex head screws go in. The factory adherent covers everything.

I was thinking about trying to push them together how it looks like it should be after heating them back up for a few min and hoping the hex head screws find thread. I don't know at this point.

Any advice? :eek:

2. Jun 20, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    stevigee

stevigee It's a MOD, MOD World

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRAIL TEAMS FJ CRUISER
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    Try putting the part you painted black on the lens first.

3. Jun 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    SR5Yoda

Member:
    Haverhill, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 6 Speed

Yeah I have been fooling with it...the factory adhesive is all over that too so it makes it difficult to line up and push and I don't want to put too much force on the new painted stuff. Thank You

4. Jun 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    stevigee

stevigee It's a MOD, MOD World

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRAIL TEAMS FJ CRUISER
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    Are you trying to put the part you painted black on the gray back housing? if so,it wont work, first you put the black painted housing on the clear lens than put the gray housing on the black one.

5. Jun 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    SR5Yoda

Member:
    Haverhill, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 6 Speed
    The adhesive just pulled a little paint off fooling with it...had to go back outside and touch it up...still fighting with the other side. This appears to be an uphill battle!

Might be stuck home tonight with no headlights :notsure:

6. Jun 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    SR5Yoda

Member:
    Haverhill, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 6 Speed
    Finished the BHLM last night at 10:30 pm. I must have the greatest girlfriend because she helped me out for like 6 hours on Friday night. I ended up using Rustolium flat black because I could not find the Krylon fusion flat black anywhere!

[​IMG]

7. Jun 21, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    Krylon Fusion Flat Black is extremely hard to come across. Just use the regular Krylong flat black. It works for me.

8. Jun 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Buy her dinner or take her to the MAC make up store at the mall. You have to reward the good behavior. :thumbsup:

9. Jun 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    SR5Yoda

Member:
    Haverhill, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 6 Speed
    Haha, Yeah she gets a nice dinner and a movie out of me. Its been raining non stop where I am I want to get a good picture of my truck now, nevermind see them in a nice light lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top