1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BHLM Help

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by liinxcore, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dec 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    liinxcore

liinxcore [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamil
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    I have seen the write up down and though it seems simple I am unable to do this on my own as society no longer breeds men, only dudes lol. yes, that means that if anything goes wrong in my residents I have to call a "man" to come fix it haha. I am willing to pay for the help of course =]

the deal-

I purchased the truck and it had the tail lights and head lights blacked out. 3 days after I bought the truck a drunk driver ran into my parked beauty. Insurance covered the repairs, however I was told they could not black out the lights due to liability issues. so i currently have one blacked out tail light and one blacked out head light lol.

side question before I have any takers... is it possible for them to be blacked out and match the ones that have already been blacked out, or will i need to buy a new head light and tail light and start fresh?

thanks in advance!

2. Dec 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM
    Uncharted

Uncharted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    Icon Extended Travel C/O's, TC UCA's, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT's, 17" XD Revolvers, Avid Off Road Sliders, Toytec TSB AAL, Rear 5100's, All Pro Front Bumper & Skids, Color Matched Grill, Grillcraft Upper, BHLM, Tinted Taillights, Lightforce 240's.
    The BHLM isn't too hard at all. It's just a matter of getting the headlight separated and then letting the paint dry before you put it back together.

For the tail light your best bet would be going to an auto body shop and see if they can match the finish on it for you. There are a ton of them that do it you must have got one that was really paranoid about tinting them

3. Dec 12, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Has your insurance company never heard of the words, "Pre Loss Condition"? Seriously!

Your insurance company (or that of the person that hit your truck) is responsible for restoring your truck to pre-loss condition. They should have to pay the tab for having your lights blacked out... and they should do ALL four of them to insure they match correctly, it's going to be the only way to get a perfect match is to repaint the other two as well.

Anyway, I am sure you can find some guys on here that could use the cash and will do this for you.. but if insurance is paying the bill (or to sue them into paying the bill) you should use a shop.

Hopefully someone will reply and post a Phoenix AZ shop that does this mod for folks?

4. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    Where are you located?

5. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    liinxcore

liinxcore [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamil
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    thanks guys- and ya, the insurance only gave me 80 to get it done. sucks, but what can ya do. i am not too beat up over it, would just like to have it all matched. but i am in N phoenix till the end of the month when i move to tempe.

6. Dec 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    there are only so many ways to paint the bezel black... i'm sure that we could help you on the mod day- Jan 29th. there are several people that want their's done. honestly even if it's slightly off (which i'm sure we could match) i doubt you'll notice under the lens.

Products Discussed in

To Top