1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bhlm paint questions and a few others

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Twiostaco, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    Twiostaco

Twiostaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    I've searched pretty much every post and have a few questions. I got a flat black plastic paint and I'm wondering if it will look to dull. Should I get something with more sheen?

I also got black rtv sealant so i can ensure i dont miss any spots when i give the final seal...that wont be visible once installed correct?

Last question, how much does it effect light output on turn signals if I paint the lense? I dont like the silver look for the signals and want that black but im worried you wont be able to see signals anymore.

Thanks!

2. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    Twiostaco

Twiostaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    Thanks. I will take my flat paint and return it, i would have got the krylon but they didnt have it. Did you tint your signal cover or just paint the back reflector part? I would love to leave out the orange side reflector too but not sure on the laws

Did you even put the clear cover back over your signal?

To Top