1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BHLM question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wolfshart79, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:29 PM
    Wolfshart79

Wolfshart79 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 PreRunner SR5
    So those that have done the BHLM what if anything have you done to mitigate fogging? I heard adding more sealant would keep moisture out but has anyone tried that with success? I am still considering doing it but since I will have a can of Black Sand Pearl to color match my grille surround I was considering using the left over to use in blacking out the headlights...does that sound like a good idea or you think it would look stupid?

2. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    jodiddly33

jodiddly33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    that wouldn't look stupid at all. if you get fogging you'll have to pull the headlight apart and dry it thoroughly before resealing. Adding more sealant won't get rid of the moisture, you just need to make sure you seal them really well the first time :)

3. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I used Krylon fusion satin black for mine. You might want to use a coat of the fusion as a base coat before the color match paint (since the pieces are plastic).

No problems with fogging. I re-heated the lights after painting, pushed back together, and then used some sealant that was recommended in one of the how to threads.

Good luck

To Top