1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Big Brake Kit in the works for 2wd Tacomas (PICS)

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Speed Freek, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Apr 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek [OP] Turbo lover!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Currently under the knife for turbocharger..
    Well I have been working on a brake kit for over a year trying and failing and have finally gotten somewhere just using aftermarket components...

It will be using Willwood 12.2" rotors a custom machined hat, custom bracket, Willwood 4 piston calipers, now I had the 1st parts made one off and I just need to try and get this into production..

I havent nailed down a cost until I get all my figures lined up, but I should have this for $1000 or less if I can find material that is affordable damn aluminum is expensive especially a big enough piece to make a hat from, needs to be 8" in diameter and 1" thick to start from and machine it from there..

pics..comparing stock to my kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impulse Red TRD PreRunner SOLD
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    Wow u made these? nice job! what size wheels would you have to run to fit these bad boys in there tho?

3. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Currently under the knife for turbocharger..
    Some 16" wheels will fit, but I think all 17's will clear.

Too bad your not closer always looking for riding buddies, I do a lot of Desert riding with a little track once in a while...

4. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    really?? those rotors look way to big for my 16's. ohh yea what kind bike do u have? i mostly do track but i dont ride much anymore too busy with school and work.

5. Apr 15, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    Thats sick OP!! Good work :cool:

6. Apr 16, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    I have 2 CRF 450rs, an 05 (street legal) and an 08, both setup for Desert, and an 07 YZ250f setup for track riding, if you ever want o go to the Desert like Ocotillo wells hit me up, I go out ther quite a bit, however with the temps rising I may just go to the mountains for single track (Pine Valley)

Back to the thread, I got the brackets to fit, and going to refine them so the ones I have now arent the ones being used for production, I will take some pics later of everything put together on a jig...

7. Apr 19, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Pics on the truck, waiting for custom lines to be made, go get them later this afternoon and should be ready for a shakedown!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Apr 19, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    Id be down. For track or mountains. unless someone buys my bike. im trying to sell it right now. need the $$ and i dont ride much anymore. you know anyone who wants a 06 crf250r? :D

To Top