1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bike roof rack question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by seancanterbury, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    seancanterbury

seancanterbury [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 4X4
    Straight Pipe, debadged, Intake mod, other shit.
    I have an 02 xtra cab that I want to put a roof rack on for my bikes. I know the cab is pretty short and the bikes would have to hang a bit over the front of the windshield, but I have seen it done on other cars with similar situations. Does anyone have any pictures of their 1st gen xtra cab with a roof rack? Also does anyone know which yakima foot mounts I would need? I'm just throwing yakima out there because I have a rail system already. I could however go with a different brand if someone has a recommendation. Thanks for the help

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tallahassee
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
  3. Apr 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    Siebler

Siebler Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    The Duck Truck
    TC Front, F67 on 12" shackle rear, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, custom bumpers, sliders, bed cage no bed
    Yakima and Thule do not make a roof top mount for the 1st gen ex cab, only double cab.

You can do a custom mount using a Thule Tracker foot pack and either Top Tracks or a TK base kit.

If you want more info on doing a custom set-up shoot me an email. I have a 99 taco and have spoken with my Thule Rep (I am a dealer) about doing this a few times. It will require drilling into the roof.....

cj@oexcalifornia.com

4. Apr 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    jdmbooger

jdmbooger Well-Known Member

Member:
    SD
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD doublecab
    Pioneer CD/DVD/Ipod head unit, Kicker L7 10 inch subwoofer, Kicker Amp, custom Yakima bike rack, wheels and tires
    Just get Yakima landing pads, control towers, crossbars, and then whatever rack you wanted! There are lots of different landing pads available so be sure to look them over on Yakima's website. I think landing pad #6 or #7 may work on the roof of a Tacoma!

To Top