1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bill 1070 Signed and AZ is a proud state

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by AZM9, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    Triumph843

Triumph843 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    South Carolina
    how would you propose they handle it? just curious

2. Apr 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    That doesn't justify breaking my Countrys laws to make a better life for yourself. Instead of trying to change this country to make it easier for you to come here, the citizens of Mexico need to change THEIR Country instead.

I am POSITIVE if our Country had better control of the flow of illegals into our country, it would enable more Mexican citizens to come here more easily and become citizens down the road.

3. Apr 23, 2010 at 8:57 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    see post above...

Oh and I agree, we need to change a lot of stuff down here, and like I said, I don't condone the Illegal immigration. I dont like the way is handled it...

4. Apr 23, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I do appreciate you posting your thoughts on this topic, as it affects you as much as it does us. And I'd like to say thanks for keeping it friendly.

Both of our Countrys need to fix a lot before anything can be improved. I BELIEVE this bill passing is a step towards that.

5. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    eordonez

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    I dont think it is, but I really hope it is. I just wouldnt want it to evolve into something uglier.

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    TengoTaco

TengoTaco Newb

Member:
    La Quinta, CA
    Vehicle:
    2020 OR 4x4 Manual
    8112, SPC, Elka 2.0 rear and Icon AAL. About 1.5”
    Do you think that the workers would follow the rules? Would they go back to Mexico when it expired or maybe just use the system as a free pass into the United States?

7. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Maybe Cali will be the next state!!!

8. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I wish. Then if they'd allow guns I would totally move back to Northern California.

I miss the green stuff.... what you guys call it.... grass???:(

9. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

A Fascist Law ?? If you are really in Mexico then I guess I would expect that type of hypocriticle remark, look (& please don't take this as a personal attack, but if you do its your problem not mine ) The fine people of Mexico & those here legally & illegaly CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH FUCKIN' WAYS BRO', So you think that a soverign Nation (or border state for that matter) that tries to control or enforce a law that deals with masses of ILLEGAL aliens breaking Federal laws by illegal entry into this country are Fascist & Racist (which your country of mexico also has laws regardung this same issue) WHERE IN THE WORDS " ILLEGAL ALIENS" does it say ILLEGAL MEXICANS ? NO WHERE, but your view is sadly the "norm" for mexican society, Your people had to have known that someday that the LEGAL residents of this country (in this case , the fine state of Arizona)were going to get fed up with all the LA RAZA this & La Raza that bullshit & put the hammer down & I'm proud of every 'Zonie" & politician that had the balls to do the right thing & see this thru. There is a right way & wrong way to do things & in this country the right thing is to file the paperwork, pay any fees, & start assimulating A.S.A.P. to the country you wish to call home, learn English & wait in line LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD HAS TO DO !! No short cuts my friend & for Gods sakes stop reproducing like rats in a fertility experiment I know that sounds shitty man, but its the truth Come to my country to be an American, legally & I'll roll out the welcome wagon myself !! But to continue to ignoring OUR laws as to immigration, then I'd just as soon take a shot at you just like I would with ANY other foreign invader trying to get in illegally.....

EAGLE of FREEDOM.jpg

10. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I belive there is a temporary work permit availible here for people comming over from Mexico. They can have one to work for, IIRC, 6 months, or one that allows them to work as they become a Citizen. The people who come here seeking a better life, or a better job to support their familly dont bother me. The crime however does. The ones who cross the boarder, commit a crime, get stopped by an LEO for speeding (Officer can not arrest if they are here ilegally as of now), get released by the officer with only a ticket, and come back accross the boarder to commit more crimes. THOSE are the ones in which I take an issue with. Being in the Construction field, I work side by side with people from different countries. Most of which are from Mexico. Almost all of them have either a Temp work permit, as they have no desire to live here, just to provide for their fammily back home, and those who are going thru, or have become, the citenzen program. They are good folks. Funny, Nice as the day is long, and just like anyone else who is trying to make a living. This law wont affect them. Quite honestly, Its a crime to have no Identification on you, regardless of where you are from. This law allows the LEO to arrest on this ground. From what I can tell anyway.....Im not a lwayer. I also loose interest in things that are longer than a few sentances.......so I may have missed some things....Oooo...A penut....

11. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    My mother learned English before coming here to go the Uni of Arizona. She adapted to the way America works. She didn't wave the Japanese flag around at rallies trying to change the way America handles itself.

12. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    eordonez

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    This point of view I agree with

13. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Racial profiling.

I assume most of the illegal people are of a Mexican decent.
    With that said, are there characterizations of individuals or groups that may raise an eyebrow? "stereotype"

I may be wrong but I just can't see the police randomly harassing people, but that may be ignorance on my behalf.

14. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Not really sure I buy into this "Racial Profilling" thing.....I know quite a few people from Mexico who a "Whiter" than I am. A few even have blonde hair. And, As Packerfan stated, The ethnic mix in AZ is a wide variety. Many LEO are Hispanic.

15. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    eordonez

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    I think I've made my point, i dont think its worth it for me to discuss further without falling into redundancy, thanks for understanding and mainly for keeping it civil.

I really hope it works out.

16. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    Runithard

Runithard Member

Member:
    Beverly Hills, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    Well if the "dark skinned" people weren't detonating themselves all over the place you wouldn't have this issue.

The reality is that not every system is right and everything will NOT be right. Such is life.

17. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:31 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,

X2.

18. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    You know. I trasported an inmate in this state and he was proud to tell me that he was able to jump the border as an illegal just to be able to commit a crime because living in our prison system is alot nicer then in Mexico.

I know it is far out there and it is one person, but the tax payers should not have to pay for him

I am right with you chris4x4. I am ok if they want to come up here, make a living and paying taxes. I am not ok with those that just come up here to use our system!!!

19. Apr 23, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I worked at a restaurant awhile ago. There were a couple Mexican dishwashers we had that I got along with really well. They were even teaching me Spanish and I would help them out with their English. Their work ethic was top-notch even though they were just washing dishes.

I knew they were illegals. Turns out one of them had the social security number of a 2 year old girl. And when the IRS or some other agency discovered they weren't paying their taxes they called the family and told them. The family said "My child hasn't been paying her taxes because she isn't working because she is only 2." Never saw those guys again. The restaurant didn't get in trouble because they gave all the documents needed. It didn't matter if they were fake as long as they provided documents of some sort. Just my experience.

20. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    I read this whole post and don't know what to say about it except I love Arizona.
    And you guys have got some serious problems going on right now.
    Not just illegals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top