1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bill 1070 Signed and AZ is a proud state

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by AZM9, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    tacovic

tacovic Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    like what else? i would reply to this thread, but what i think will probably offend someone.

2. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    The way I look at it:

If it lowers the crime rate and makes people safer than it is well worth whatever price someone has to pay.

If the law saves a life (such as the So. AZ rancher that the bill was too late to help) it is a good law.

3. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    jesus

jesus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesus
    bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    K&N ram intake & doug exs.
    I understand what your saying chris and it sadness me a bit to hear it put in such a way by a jew who had family burn as he so but it not to see the down side such as why is it that jews couldn't ask for help have. And since we brought up jews have we forgotten the Ann Frank story and those who helped. Now, I'm not saying this is exactly the same but some of the down sides can and may lead to be the same now I'm proud to be and american and come from mexicans and know that some people tend
    to be honest and hard working and other take advantage of our system but that's true for illegals and native born
    Now this is just my opinion and if I offended anyone I apologies a head of time for it was not my intent it's just that its bad enough to be profile as it is but to have a law that makes it ok is just wrong plus let's not forget this whole country is founded on illegal immigrants coming to our country plus who to say the doctor who saved you live was not born to an illegal immigrant or the officer who responded to the emergence call that saved your wife and kids from being raped and kill wasn't born to the same

Sorry guess I'll stop here .......... Specially because I'm typing this up on my blackberry

GOD BLESS YOU ALL and may his plan and wishes be played out the way he wants

ONce more if I offended anyone. "I SORRY from the Bottom of my heart"

4. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    jesus

jesus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesus
    bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    Stupid blackberry an auto correct stuff can't wait till I have enough for a new laptop anyhow how you guys get the point out of what seems to be a poor proof read post.......

5. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    While I don't condone Illegal Immigration, would someone from Arizona please describe to me what are the qualities or characteristics that easily identify someone as an "Illegal Alien"... If you were walking down the street, driving by in your patrol car, buying plants at Home Depot, ordering food at McDonalds, or standing in line at the DMV... how does one identify an illegal WITHOUT making a gross generalization and RACIAL PROFILING!!!!!!!!!

Its is impossible to determine someones legal citizenship status in America by simply looking at them.

No in the course of investigating a noteworthy crime, or a traffic stop, or some other incident and it becomes apparent through other research then ok.

I agree something must be done but this law is inherently racist to everyone who has brown skin.

I for one WISH there was a Navy Base in Arizona that I could be stationed at just so some cop would stop me in front of Home Depot to ask for my proof on citizenship...

Man, I could just see the cop in court trying to justify why he stopped me for no reason other than..."I met the discription of an illegal Alien" Whats that Sir, because I'm BROWN!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

oh man, I might just have to make a trip (I'd totally hang out at Home depot for this)... lotto here I come!! whoo hoo
    I'd just have to pull out my valid legal drivers license, United States Navy military ID, and just in case bring along my birth certificate... could you just see the look on the cops face...!

I have brown skin and I'm NOT hispanic! I seriously doubt anyone with fair skin will be stopped randomly. There are better solutions... like tighter security, border wall, predator drone aircraft surveilence (sic)...etc etc, or cross border collaboration... help the local economies on both sides so people don't feel desperate enough to cross illegally.

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    jesus

jesus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesus
    bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    Nicely put Solus...... Good night everyone I'll check on this tomorrow

7. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM
    Backslash

Backslash Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Thatcher, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 3.4V6 Auto 4x4
    Please read the law before you form an opinion of it based on the news headlines. National and local news services are reporting that this law gives LEO the right to stop people IN ORDER TO determine if they are here legally. I don't read that anywhere in the law. It seems as if the law requires officers to ascertain the legal status of individuals they have stopped for some other reason. It also appears to negate sanctuary city ordinances that PREVENTED our LE from checking legal status. This law just requires that cities and their officers follow federal laws that are already on the books.

As far as Mexican government calls for th U.S. to open our borders, Newsweek (not your average right-wing publication) published the following:

As tough as the United States can be for workers who slip in from south of the border, Mexico is in a poor position to criticize. The problem goes far beyond the predatory gantlet of thugs and crooked cops facing defenseless transients like Moisés. There’s ample precedent in Mexico for just about everything the United States is—or isn’t—doing. Calling out the military? Mexicans may hate the new U.S. plan to deploy 6,000 National Guard troops on the border, but five years ago they cheered President Vicente Fox for sending thousands of Mexican soldiers to crack down on their southern frontier. Tougher laws? Hispanic-rights groups are enraged over U.S. efforts to criminalize undocumented aliens—yet since 1974, sneaking into Mexico has been punishable by up to two years in prison. Foot-dragging on amnesty? Fox has spent the past five years urging the United States to upgrade the status of millions of illegals from Mexico. Meanwhile, his own government has given legal status to only 15,000 foreigners without papers.

8. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    AZM9

AZM9 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ARE tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, Leaf TSB, and Trans TSB, Satoshi grille.
    First of all, and correct me if I am wrong, but a LEO more than likely and is not supposed to detain anyone without probable cause. Again, this bill states that if an individual or individuals are pulled over on a public or private road in AZ ie. taillight out, erratic driving, speeding, etc. They have the right to completely identify that person. Think about it. They have to do that anyway. The difference with this bill is that they can cite and detain them and charge them with misdemeanor trespassing and now have them deported if they are not legal. If they have previously been deported at least once already, now they are charged with a class 4 felony and it is now criminal trespass and we can imprison them.

9. Apr 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    I agree with keeping illegals out, but agree with chris4x4 in letting the ones who actually do things the right way in. Now, I dont want to piss anybody off with what Im going to post below but it is simply the truth, thats why I was offended because it was THE TRUTH. Being part hispanic I know that somewhere along the lines I had an illegal relative in fact I know I do....we all do. Either way I hate to see hard working Americans get jipped, even the illegals with work permits get jipped.

HERE IT IS

Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Here is an example of why hiring illegal aliens is not economically
    productive for the State of California ...

You have 2 families..."Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2
    parents, 2 children and live in California. "Joe Legal" works in
    construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with
    payroll taxes deducted...."Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has
    "NO" Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal...$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week, $52,000 per
    year.

Now take 30% away for state federal tax, Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

Jose Illegal...$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00 per
    year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes... Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage $1000.00
    per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and
    local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal makes too much money is not eligible for Food Stamps or welfare.
    Joe Legal pays for food $1,000.00 per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe
    Legal now has $7,231.00

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and
    Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month. $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal
    is now in the hole minus (-) $4,769.00

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal
    pays rent. $500.00 per month. $6,000.00 per year Jose Illegal still has
    $31,200.00

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
    work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
    Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a
    government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school
    ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services,
    but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Don't vote/support any politician that supports illegal aliens...Its PAST
    time to take a stand for America and Americans! [​IMG]

10. Apr 24, 2010 at 12:09 AM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    Wow this whole thing is going to turn into a Farmingville NY situation haha
    Ok well I just have a few things to say like everyone else you may or may not agree, but this is how I see it. Yes I disagree with illegal immigration but it is extremely wrong to profile some one based on what they look like. Whether there is an African American on the corner and the cop stopping him because he is “selling crack” or a cop stopping a Native American because he is “drunk” in public. Everyone and every race has its problems. Illegal immigrants from Mexico are coming here to better their life as well as their families. Yes they may screw up our economy a little but who cares the Fed Gov and the State Gov does a pretty good job doing that on their own especially when they get involved.
    The people coming from Mexico may get paid under the table from time to time but look at it this way. They pay taxes in everything they buy whether it’s a candy bar or a new TV. Also illegal immigrants or allowed to work in the United States with a valid SS card so many of the immigrants are paying into our SS system without reaping the benefits later in life. Also how many people in this world especially AMERICANS are going to do their jobs??? Picking fruit 12 hours a day every day? Cleaning and office building at 1 or 2 in the morning? Yard maintenance, landscaping, construction? Just to name a few granted some people do these jobs for a living but think about it. If there wasn’t any immigrants illegal or legal there would be a lot of problems and a lot of jobs people would not want to do, or even think about doing for the small pay check.
    There are a lot of things that can be done yes this law/bill is a step in the right direction to get everyone in the States and people coming into the States to be a legal citizen, but really think about it you know some cops/border patrol/citizens will take this too far. If this law is going to stay the way it is people need to be civil about it no matter where they are from or who they are they are still just as human as you are……that’s just my .02 sorry it was so long

11. Apr 24, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    AZM9

AZM9 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ARE tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, Leaf TSB, and Trans TSB, Satoshi grille.
    I agree with keeping illegals out, but agree with chris4x4 in letting the ones who actually do things the right way in. Now, I dont want to piss anybody off with what Im going to post below but it is simply the truth, thats why I was offended because it was THE TRUTH. Being part hispanic I know that somewhere along the lines I had an illegal relative in fact I know I do....we all do. Either way I hate to see hard working Americans get jipped, even the illegals with work permits get jipped.

HERE IT IS

Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Here is an example of why hiring illegal aliens is not economically
    productive for the State of California ...

You have 2 families..."Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2
    parents, 2 children and live in California. "Joe Legal" works in
    construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with
    payroll taxes deducted...."Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has
    "NO" Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal...$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week, $52,000 per
    year.

Now take 30% away for state federal tax, Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

Jose Illegal...$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00 per
    year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes... Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage $1000.00
    per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and
    local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal makes too much money is not eligible for Food Stamps or welfare.
    Joe Legal pays for food $1,000.00 per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe
    Legal now has $7,231.00

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and
    Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month. $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal
    is now in the hole minus (-) $4,769.00

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal
    pays rent. $500.00 per month. $6,000.00 per year Jose Illegal still has
    $31,200.00

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
    work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
    Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a
    government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school
    ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services,
    but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Don't vote/support any politician that supports illegal aliens...Its PAST
    time to take a stand for America and Americans!

Wow....sheds a whole new light on it. Just made me even happier that this bill was passed today.

12. Apr 24, 2010 at 12:23 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Yea, this actually kind of made me mad but yea, its the truth.

13. Apr 24, 2010 at 12:49 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    this bill is wrong due to racial profiling... nothing else... the criticisms has nothing do with illegals... its the racial profiling. It is wrong to accuse someone of a crime solely based on the color of their skin.

Remember not all illegals come from Mexico, but only people of hispanic heritage will be harassed by this law.

14. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.

Its not racial profiling. It gives LEO the power to arrest a person based on them not having propper ID. For the longest time, if an "Ilegal" is pulled over, they have to be released. Even if they dont have propper ID. Now, If I was pulled over and didnt have propper ID, I could be arrested. Interesting how I can be arrested, but a person who is here ilegally can not.......NOW, they can be. As long as I can remember out here, it has been a crime to not have propper ID if you are over 18. If you didnt, You can be arrested, and detained until you can be propperly identified. This did not appply to people who were here ilegally. NOW it does. HOW is that Racial profiling? If anything, Its making the laws MORE equal.

15. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    The "racial profiling" that the critics of this law are using as a mantra is nothing but a red herring argument for those that have sympathy for criminals.

16. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    To add, they seem to throw it around quite often to get everyone who doesnt read laws, riled up against the said law.

17. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    And quite honestly, Im not entirley against "Racial Profiling". Durring WW2, when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, What did the US do? Go after Canadians? Mexicans? Nope......They looked at the Japanese. With good reason. THEY BOMBED US. If an out of shape middle aged white guy driving a silver pick up, went on a shooting spree, and the LEO DIDNT pull me over, I would question the job they are doing. If an APB goes out for a WHITE guy, and they are pulling over Hispanics, Koreans, etc., what good are they doing? I cant make myself Black, Brown, Green, etc. I can change my clothes, but an easy identifier for LEO IS Race. Along with other identifyers, such as age, height, etc.

18. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Chris4x4 for President!!!!!!

19. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    ak47

ak47 v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    stock 2nd owner
    im not going to read the all five pages so if this has been brought up im sorry. but this IMHCO will not significantly affect hispanics. i think this will affect more of the people hiring and employing the illegals. IDK i could be wrong...

20. Apr 24, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    no. What it does, is allow the LEO to arrest someone who is not here legally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top