1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Front Seat Jackers (Lifts the front of the seat) - 3rd Gen

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2016-2023)' started by EasyDoesIt, May 1, 2019.

1. Oct 17, 2019 at 9:16 PM
    Hofmann’s Tacos

Hofmann’s Tacos Professional Asian

Member:
    Nor Cal / South FL
    Vehicle:
    2020 off-road 6MT (SFOB 2.0)
    SFOB 2.0
    @EasyDoesIt how about.... a steering wheel spacer? I think you could make something that bolts onto the steering shaft then have the wheel mount to that “something”. Lol

I’d pay good money for that.

2. Oct 21, 2019 at 3:36 PM
    EasyDoesIt

EasyDoesIt [OP] DesertDoesIt.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cab TRD Offroad
    Icon C/O's

That seems like way to much liability!

October 20th, currently out of stock with new stock arriving around November 2nd.

3. Oct 21, 2019 at 4:06 PM
    Hofmann’s Tacos

Hofmann’s Tacos Professional Asian

Member:
    Nor Cal / South FL
    Vehicle:
    2020 off-road 6MT (SFOB 2.0)
    SFOB 2.0
    Make buyers e-sign a liability waiver before purchase!
    Please :rofl:

4. Oct 21, 2019 at 10:54 PM
    desert.taco

desert.taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Got a couple 19mm socket and placed them under the front first and then the rear. Front felt way better for me so I placed an order even though it's out of stock. Hopefully I'll get it by 11/8. A little pricey but if this can get rid of my back pain on long trips then it's worth it.

deadendfreddy likes this.
  5. Oct 22, 2019 at 9:26 AM
    deadendfreddy

deadendfreddy New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 Tacoma
    The back ones did not work for me. I also lift the front seat to simulate and seems to be what I need. Can’t say for sure until am permanently sitting in that position I have been thinking on Getting rid of the truck because of how bad is for me. Really hoping this works

6. Oct 22, 2019 at 1:03 PM
    HafaAdaiTaco

HafaAdaiTaco Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Double Cab Off Road
    OEM Audio, CaliRaised LED Grill Light Bar, Driver's Seat Risers, TRD Exhaust, Hondo Unholey Mount
    I'm 5'6", and after a week on these risers, I've found my hip pain significantly diminished. I easily spend close to 3 hours on the road every day, and thought it was just age catching up to me. Turns out, the default seat position was a major factor. I basically share the same positive feedback others have posted. Only warning I would give is for those with bigger legs/thighs - expect some friction getting in and out of the truck, even with the steering wheel set at the highest position.

7. Oct 22, 2019 at 3:26 PM
    EasyDoesIt

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cab TRD Offroad
    Icon C/O's
    Thanks for the order, I think you'll be very happy once you get them installed. 11/8 will be tight but I'll do everything I can to get them to you by then.

Me too. I'll ship asap.

Great to hear, thank you for the review!

Steve
    DDI

8. Oct 24, 2019 at 10:12 AM
    EasyDoesIt

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cab TRD Offroad
    Icon C/O's
    75 sets have been machined and dropped off at the powder coaters, I should be able to start shipping late next week (maybe sooner).

Resized952019102495071740.jpg Resized_20191024_071939.jpg

Steve
    DDI

9. Oct 24, 2019 at 12:14 PM
    Skythings

Skythings Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport - Manual - Sky Silver
    LED Headlights Cali Raised Fog/Spots Cali Raised Behind Grill Light Bar Cali Raised Ditch Lights Tonneau Cover Focal High Fidelity Amp & Speakers Toyota Black Exhaust Tip Thinkware F800 Dashcam- Front & Rear Toyota rubber box mat Bug Deflector Billet Front Seat Risers Black Anodized Aluminum Radio Knob Set Glove Box Divider Armrest Tray
    Received mine in the mail today in Canada. Thank you for the fast shipping. (7 days) I know what I'm doing when I get home tonight. Will review them in a couple of days.

10. Oct 24, 2019 at 12:25 PM
    Iwilltaco

Iwilltaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    @kairo’s guest house having a water with @not_nick
    Under development
    Trying to order 2 sets on the website, but won’t let me select 2 as an option??

11. Oct 24, 2019 at 12:28 PM
    EasyDoesIt

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cab TRD Offroad
    Icon C/O's
    I'm working on that in the meantime just put two of them in your cart and at checkout enter coupon code PAIR to save $10.

Steve

Iwilltaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Oct 24, 2019 at 12:33 PM
    TacoinMD

TacoinMD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Double Cab Sport.
    A few months back I purchased a set of these risers for my driver's seat. With a little more than 5,000 miles on the risers, I can honestly report they are well worth the money. For me (6' / 200lbs) the risers changed, for the better, the entire driving position of the seat. No longer do I feel like I'm sitting on the floor. No more legs, ass and back aches as the seating position has been changed for the better. Again, well worth the money.

EasyDoesIt[OP] likes this.
  13. Oct 24, 2019 at 6:58 PM
    Skythings

Member:
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    LED Headlights Cali Raised Fog/Spots Cali Raised Behind Grill Light Bar Cali Raised Ditch Lights Tonneau Cover Focal High Fidelity Amp & Speakers Toyota Black Exhaust Tip Thinkware F800 Dashcam- Front & Rear Toyota rubber box mat Bug Deflector Billet Front Seat Risers Black Anodized Aluminum Radio Knob Set Glove Box Divider Armrest Tray
    I installed my risers on my drivers seat this evening. They were very easy to install. Took me about 15 minutes.

I took the seat for the first time sitting in my yard and immediately I felt a huge difference. The seat was much more comfortable. I just sat there for about 10 minutes. Night & day difference. Instead of feeling like your falling forward out of your seat, you now actually feel like your falling back into the support of the back of your seat. It's like your being embraced from behind and in a great sitting position.

I have had my new truck for almost two months and since day one I have had my seat to the very rear position on the seat rails. With the seat now canted upwards I had to slide my seat two holes forward for a comfortable position to the pedals. My mirrors were now out a bit- fixed in 5 seconds. The armrest in the past always seemed just a bit too high for me, but with the new seat positions, it feels perfect now. Again much more comfortable.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my biggest disappointment with my new truck was the very end of the parking brake handle was always digging into my right leg/thigh while driving. I had an 8 inch length of round pipe insulation foam around the handbrake handle to cushion my leg while I drove over the past two months. It was still uncomfortable and awkward but it was better. Didn't look very nice either. With the new risers and new seat position, my leg is well above the parking brake handle and it no longer digs into my leg/thigh. The foam handle cushion is in the glove box now. Yes!!!!

I just returned from taking the truck out for a drive and at first some things felt a bit different. I have a manual transmission so the shifter has a bit different feel, but that will become normal in a day or two. I did notice the bottom seat cushion under my clutch leg was very stiff because it is still brand new and didn't properly support my legs before. I felt some pressure under my leg when using the clutch. That will break in soon I am certain.

I am 6 ft and was comfortable with my steering wheel position and headroom with the moonroof prior to the installation of the risers. I was worried after reading some others posts that these may be issues for me. They were not. I did not have to adjust my steering wheel and in fact, I have more headroom because my seat is now more forward and away from the edges of the moonroof which is the lowest point in the cab. I always keep my moonroof shade in the hidden/open position. For fun I closed it and I still was fine with the headroom. The static electricity makes your hair stick up when the shade is closed over your head.

Worth every penny. As said many times here before me, don't even think about this one. You will wish you had of done it much sooner.

14. Oct 25, 2019 at 5:30 AM
    Iwilltaco

Member:
    Under development
    Why can’t I pull the trigger on these? They are a little pricey for what they are, and all the reviews are too good. Like paid actor/spokesperson testimonials. I’m torn. Any cheap alternative I can try before I spend the big money?

15. Oct 25, 2019 at 7:43 AM
    Skythings

Member:
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Buy cheap- buy often. Buy right the first time- buy once. Don't be torn. I read most of the postings and everyone said the same thing. "Best upgrade yet in my Tacoma"

For myself my biggest issue on my new truck was the handbrake handle digging into my right leg. I was seriously considering having a custom seat built, or modifying the brake handle. I would have spent much more if I had done either. I guess you could go out and machine your own risers. What would it cost you for a metal lathe, the raw steel, the drill press to tap the threads, to get them powder coated? Not to mention something for your creative idea and for likely years of metal work experience. Worth every penny I spent. Trust me I am not being paid one penny to tell you this.

jayuu and EasyDoesIt[OP] like this.
  16. Oct 25, 2019 at 9:56 AM
    EasyDoesIt

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cab TRD Offroad
    Icon C/O's
    Thank you for the feedback, always good to hear from folks that have been using them for a couple months or more.

Thank you! So happy to hear these have solved your problem. Also the first feedback from someone with a manual, good to hear they work without issues.

These were designed and machined because we couldn't find another solution and Joe at Black Rock Machining couldn't drive for more than 15 minutes without being uncomfortable or in pain. If you are lacking thigh support and have similar issues, then these should do the trick. Roll up a bath towel and put it under your legs to simulate a 1" raise and you will know pretty quick if these are right for you.

There are over 25 pages of positive reviews (2nd gen and 3rd gen FS posts) and 16 website reviews. DDI is a two man operation and we both have other fulltime jobs, if you think we fabricated hundreds of reviews or feel after reading the reviews the price is just too high than maybe you just don't need them.

Steve
    DDI

17. Oct 25, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    EasyDoesIt

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cab TRD Offroad
    Icon C/O's
    I forgot to mention earlier, Joe just got back from a 31 day trip across the US where he and his wife logged over 5,000 miles in there 2018 Toyota Tacoma. They could not and would not have done that many miles in that little of time without the Seat Jackers (160+ miles per day). These may not be for everyone but for the people that do need them, they make a huge difference.

Resized952019091995171212.jpg Resized952019092195100906.jpg Resized952019100895180118.jpg

18. Oct 25, 2019 at 11:06 AM
    deadendfreddy

deadendfreddy New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 Tacoma
    I was thinking the same about the reviews. But After 3 different sets of seat cushions and raising the back of the seat with spacers and none of the above worked this is my last hope. I had the truck for 2years 8 months $$$$ if I trade in I will loose a lot of money. Reading the reviews here I noticed a lot of people had the same uncomfortable Position and ache symptoms. I really hope this works. Am sacrificios my back till my order ships I hope this really works for me.

19. Oct 25, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    Iwilltaco

Member:
    Under development
    I know OP, I’m saying the reviews are too good. Like an infomercial for something I want and probably need but didn’t know I needed. I’ll pull the trigger, I can join the chorus of great reviews hopefully

20. Oct 25, 2019 at 1:58 PM
    themovielifedc

themovielifedc Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma OR DCSB
    Just placed an order! Order#1257, I can't wait!

Products Discussed in

To Top