1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Billies and taco lean

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ombligo, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Oct 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    Ombligo

Ombligo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Been searching the forums and see that most lean issues are with the billies/eibach combo. Will just adding billies all around cause it too? As of now the stock suspension doesn't have lean. Any experiences regarding this would be appreciated. Thanx

2. Oct 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    LouTaco

LouTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    5100's, OME 885X coils, Top plate spacer kit, TC UCA, TSB Leaf pack w/ 1.5" TSB AAL and 1/2" block, Weathertechs, BHLM w/ Retrofit, Foglight Mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, 18" Wicked Flow, AP U-bolt flip kit, DTLH w/ URD O2 sim, SCS Stealth 6 wheels, 285/70/17 TG G2, ImMrYo bracket
    I put 5100 on set front to 2.5 w/ stock coil didnt have much lean to it, then switched out stock coil for OME coil and set fronts to 0 and the lean is little more noticable i also have added top plate spacer as well

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    My stock setup didn't have the lean but my aftermarket (including billies/eibachs) did. I don't know of any lift that doesn't have the lean. If you have a non-adjustable set up like mine, the $20 1/4" spacer will fix it. If you go OME (also non-adjustable), the $8 trim packer will fix it. If you have adjustable coilovers, you need to tighten the driver's side a bit more than the passenger's side.

4. Oct 6, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    Ombligo

Member:
    Thanks for the info. So if I understand correctly, the lean is not as drastic with factory coils. And if it shows up, it's relatively easy to fix with a spacer. But, since I've read so much spacer bashing in the forums, should I try to ignore the lean (hard to do since I get OCD about those things) or is that particular spacer not so bad?

5. Oct 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    beanZnMyTaCo!

beanZnMyTaCo! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    beanZ!
    sj, CaLi
    Vehicle:
    DoPe!
    >:-)
    from my understanding this 1/4" spacer isnt frowned upon as much as the others. well only b/c its not drastic like 2" or anything. just my .02cents

6. Oct 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    The big spacers that give 2.5"-3" of lift are the ones that destroy your ride quality while putting ball joints and whatnot at risk of premature wear. People typically advise against those.

The 1/4" and 1/2" thick ones are considered just fine by all except perhaps some of the adjustable coilover elitists.

7. Oct 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    Ombligo

Member:
    Thanks for the help. Do the billies need bushings or anything else? The website has an asterisk specifying that they are not included. Do I use the factory ones like the coils?

8. Oct 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mine came with bushings. I guess they charge extra for the bushings now to make a little extra cash. The stock ones probably work just fine but if there is any age to them, I'd go ahead and swap them out.

9. Oct 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    Ombligo

Member:
    Thanks

To Top