1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by VirginiaBound, Sep 6, 2011.

1. May 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    the Pacific Northwest, Exploring
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    King ET Coilovers Camburg Uniball UCAs Alcan 8-Leaf Rear Spring Packs Fox 2.0 Resi Rear Shocks FrankenFab Rear Shock Relocate Trail Gear U-bolt Flip Toytec 1" Extended Shackle 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker OBA ARB Twin Comp 15x8 D Window Steelies 33" BFG KM2s Limited Edition Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch PIAA 510 SMR Fog Lights Lightforce 170s Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Whynter 65 qt. Fridge/Freezer CVT Mt Bachelor RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack GM 140 amp alternator Optima Yellow Top battery Magnaflow 18" Muffler Braided Steel Brake Lines K&N Drop-in air filter ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Uniden 520xl CB radio 3’ Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1” Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    A little rake is good as it makes it easier to get a good alignment. Too much does look a little goofy tho.

A simple easy fix would be to add some weight to the back to get it down some. Might also help to get the AAL broken in and settled.

Do you have a pic of it from the side?

2. Jun 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    DUCKSHOT

DUCKSHOT Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma PreRunner
    So I have read all 89 pages and I have only one question....
    Since I just found out that Eibach springs everyone is using are not made for the Tacoma.
    "Why is everyone using Eibach/Bilstein combo instead of just the Bilstein Height adjustable shock with the stock spring?

The Bilstein shock was designed to be used with the stock spring and you would think the the company would have designed it right so it would work without using a heavier duty spring. I wonder if there is a possibility of future damage to the front end.

I will getting the Eibach/Bilstein combo with Dakkar Leaf packs just because it seems the only way to lift and level the truck without an AAL. I need new leaf packs since mine are flat so it seems this is the best option for me.

Tell me what you guys think, especially y'all that have had it on for a while and do some serious wheelin.

EDIT:
    So Eibach says they don't make one for my truck but when I mention Toytec and the part # they said I have to get all info from Toytec.
    Bilstien said the same thing and have to talk to Race Car Dynamics. That guy was helpful.

I just wanted to know for warranty purposes and cause when you hear something isn't made for that you wanna check it out. He basicly said go to who sold it to me for a warrant purposes.

Sorry I y'all knew this already or don't care but I hope it helps!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  3. Jun 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    Gear Head

Gear Head Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Winston Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    82 Pickup
    The usual toyota parts..
    The 5100's have the option of lifting with stock coils but it really is a temp solution because it is doing the same thing as spacers do, precompressing the spring. The 5100 is longer than stock allowing it to work with the Eibach coil which has a different spring rate which lifts the truck without all the precompression. As far as the coils go they are made for tacomas. Eibach exclusively produces this particular spring soley for toytech which is why the springs have Toytech part number and not an Eibach part number. The Eibachs and Bilsteins were made to go together just like the OME springs and nitrochargers. The snap ring is just a function that allows for lift with stock spring. People buy them because of the length, not the snap ring.

4. Jun 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    DUCKSHOT

DUCKSHOT Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma PreRunner
    Now that makes a lot of sense and no one told me that and didn't read it or overlooked it somewhere. Thanks a lot for the info.

5. Jun 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    Gear Head

Gear Head Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Winston Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    82 Pickup
    The usual toyota parts..
    No problem man. I found out some of it the hard way too haha.

6. Jun 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    Kirk1589

Kirk1589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Pasti-Dip Grille, K&N drop-in, Magnaflow 14", Custom tail light mod, Fog light mod, diff vent mod, Alpine Components, Sequoia JBL radio
    My set up with one issue. I have a maxed out UCA ball joint I think. I have a loins squeak, squawk on a bushing or metallic. It happens if I rock the front up and down, turning the wheel driving and stopped. Mainly putting a down pressure load and releasing that load.
    Setup
    5100's with Eibach @ Zero. Bottom
    5100's rear
    Allpro 3" leaf pack rear
    Toytech rear brake line
    BPV bracket
    Have not installed diff drop yet
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  7. Jun 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    Dirty Pool

Dirty Pool Lost In The Ozone

Member:
    59.4 Miles, 56.67*NE Of Moab
    Vehicle:
    99 XCAB V6 MT TRD
    Dirty Pool rear bumper/air tank with integrated spare CV shaft storage, DP customized TJM front bumper, 8000 lb Ramsey/Technora rope, E-locked, Extended breathers with front diff catch can, SAWs with DP heim joint seals, DP custom 6 leaf rear springs/Billies, DP custom skids, 2lo, Gray wire, Cap, Bed Rug, Black steelies, Both 31" MTZ's and 33" Toyo's, 01 Center console, Map lights, Disraeli gears
    I originally replied to your post in the "What have you done to your Taco" thread but I guess this is a better place.
    ----------------------------------------------

I can't tell from your pic but it is possible to install the black lower spring seat on upside down resulting in a lot higher ride height than anticipated.

One side of the seat (the lower side) has a groove on the inside intended to slide over the c-clip. This feature "contains" the clip preventing it from spreading apart, popping out of the groove and then sliding down the shock body under the weight of the truck. A dangerous situation to say the least.

If the yours is upside down you should be able to see it. Look closely up under the seat, if you see the majority of the outside edge of the clip it's a boo boo. We are talking about 2" or more lift than anticipated.

Just a thought.

8. Jun 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    Rebel Taco Man

Rebel Taco Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2002 Manual TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilsteins front and rear, Eibachs up front, 2" Toytec AAL in rear, Diff Drop, Grey Wire Mod, Kobalt tool box, Bulldog Keyless entry, Sportsman max-4 seat covers, modded EL Bazooka basstube, Friends of Coal sticker and license plate, Green Hooks, Green Emblems, Green LED sony radio, Green shiftknob.
    Before Level.jpg
    Before Leveling Kit 20120304_122840.jpg
    After Leveling IMG_2386.jpg
    After Lift, same tires in all three pics, just different wheels in the last one. i gotta get around to doing my build thread as well, but for now. and thanks for all the advice on the rake question.

9. Jun 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    Rebel Taco Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2002 Manual TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilsteins front and rear, Eibachs up front, 2" Toytec AAL in rear, Diff Drop, Grey Wire Mod, Kobalt tool box, Bulldog Keyless entry, Sportsman max-4 seat covers, modded EL Bazooka basstube, Friends of Coal sticker and license plate, Green Hooks, Green Emblems, Green LED sony radio, Green shiftknob.
    sorry guys, the words got shifted, let me know if yall can see the pics or not too, but the first picture is with no leveling kit, the second is with the 2" spacer leveling kit, and third is with 2" aal, eibachs, and bilsteins. but it doesnt do justice of the rake i have now...

10. Jun 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    Kirk1589

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Pasti-Dip Grille, K&N drop-in, Magnaflow 14", Custom tail light mod, Fog light mod, diff vent mod, Alpine Components, Sequoia JBL radio
    Spacers are junk.

11. Jun 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    Rebel Taco Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2002 Manual TRD SR5 4x4
    i know this, i have new suspension now, but im only 18 and i didnt have much money at the time. gimme a break.

12. Jun 17, 2013 at 5:13 AM
    Kirk1589

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Ok that's reasonable. Just be careful with them. You're just starting off, I wanna see your build when it's finished.

13. Jun 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    Rebel Taco Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2002 Manual TRD SR5 4x4
    it is done? lol the third picture i posted is my finished truck until i get new tires, i have eibachs/bilstiens front and rear and a 2" aal i have blacked out headlights, corners, and blinkers, and my rear taillights are led smoked, and a custom third smoked brake light with led bulbs.

I posted three pictures a couple days ago, did they not upload right? they were in order of before leveling kit (stock), after leveling spacer (2" block upfront), third pic was finished as it sits today.

14. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    JMaberry

JMaberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    01 3.4L TRD SR5 Extended Cab
    Spectre Intake, custom exhuast, ultragauge, bedlined bumpers and grill, ARE shell, jvc headunit, bottle opener in bed, satoshi, hella 500ffs behind grill
    Having now read through most of this thread, I have one main question.

I love my truck, and the most important thing for me is to keep it running as long as possible. I don't plan on keeping it for a few years then selling it, I'm gonna run it into the ground haha. Now I love the look of the 5100s/eibach lift (obviously), but I know the 3+ inches of lift it gives is into the gray area of causing some issues. My question is, other than ride quality what are you compromising by getting a setup like this? I can deal with having to do boot slide mod or replace a boot here and there and maybe a less than perfect alignment, but I'm wondering more about the impact on overall longevity. If I'm at 162,000 miles right now and hoping to get at least double that out of my taco, is a lift like this a bad idea? Am I better off going with the 2 inches or so of lift I would get with 881s/882s? Thanks for your input guys.

15. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    Rebel Taco Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2002 Manual TRD SR5 4x4
    go big or go home, you will love the ride out of it after new suspension, and it isnt guaranteed that you will ever blow a cv boot. but other than that just minor things like ball joints, bushings, things like that is all that will wear unless you get out and raw dawg your truck like most people do, with oversized tires..

16. Jul 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    JMaberry

JMaberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    01 3.4L TRD SR5 Extended Cab
    Spectre Intake, custom exhuast, ultragauge, bedlined bumpers and grill, ARE shell, jvc headunit, bottle opener in bed, satoshi, hella 500ffs behind grill
    Thanks for the advice. Just put in an order at wheelers yesterday for 5100s, eibachs, and dakars! I'll post pics once I get everything installed.

17. Jul 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    TheGluv11

TheGluv11 For sale

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    96 V6 4x4 Gray
    Billys 5100 shocks Toytec eibach springs Toytec 1" shackles Deaver AAL
    Put my 5100's, Eibach's, AAL, and Toytec 1" shackle. I had it aligned not to long ago and after the lift I had it aligned so Attached is the results of that. Also I got a before hight and after hight with 31" tires on for the front. The 5100's are set to 0 (lowest notch) that is the configuration you would want with this setup.[​IMG]
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    Front before
    [​IMG]
    Front After
    [​IMG]
    Cheep exhaust drop (old shackle)

Attached Files:

18. Jul 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    RMAN808

RMAN808 S)(AKALO)(AWAII

Member:
    First Name:
    Reid
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '99 PreRunner
    OME 883' w/5100s, Toytec AAL, 265/75R16 Treadwright Guard Dog's, 16x8.5" Level 8 Strike 6 wheels, 14" Magnaflow, 4" Deck Plate Mod w/Screen, Grillcraft, etc. Check build thread in sig for more info...
    Nice! Have any pictures of how the truck sits after the lift? side view or whatever. Gonna be ordering parts for my lift soon.

19. Jul 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96.5 FrankenTaco & 03 Stock dbl cab
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,
    God I wish mine was that color still

20. Jul 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    RMAN808

RMAN808 S)(AKALO)(AWAII

Member:
    First Name:
    Reid
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '99 PreRunner
    OME 883' w/5100s, Toytec AAL, 265/75R16 Treadwright Guard Dog's, 16x8.5" Level 8 Strike 6 wheels, 14" Magnaflow, 4" Deck Plate Mod w/Screen, Grillcraft, etc. Check build thread in sig for more info...
    I'm just a little stumped. Already got my Toytec AAL and 5100 bushings ordered and still trying to come to a conclusion on the rest.

I will be getting 5100's all around but I'm not sure which route to go as for the coils.

I thought I had my mind set on 883's, but then wanting to make sure I get the result I want. Then I keep thinking about Eibach's or 882's. Also lift height longevity comes into play when considering sagging over time.

To Top