1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 install problems

Discussion in 'New Members' started by rickF, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:49 PM
    12taco12

12taco12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    rochester NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX Pro
    Billy 5100s OME 886 Billy remote resi 5125 rear General hd packs TImbren superbumps/flipkit Pelfrey steel full hoop front SOS bolt on sliders Baja squadron amber fogs Baja 20" bar Aux fuse panel and switches custom 10 sub box double din
    knew it, tundra billys

2. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    Tacoturtle

Tacoturtle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2015 red dcsb sport
  3. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM
    Sideways1

Sideways1 Old Dirt Rider

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB Pyrite Mica
    ADS 2.5 with Extended travel/ADS 2.5 Piggyback rear. Dakars. Pelfreybilt Aluminum front bumper,Skid and Brute Force Fab HC rear bumper. 5 x SCS Stealth 6's in Matte Bronze wrapped in Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Wet Okole front and rear seat covers. Wilco Bed Rail Tire Carrier. Light Racing Upper Control Arms. Marshall Fabrications sliders with kick out. Mobtown Tailgate Reinforcement Skin. hyper15125 retrofits. And many many odds and ends.
    ya bodies are way to long

4. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:52 PM
    12taco12

12taco12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    rochester NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX Pro
    Billy 5100s OME 886 Billy remote resi 5125 rear General hd packs TImbren superbumps/flipkit Pelfrey steel full hoop front SOS bolt on sliders Baja squadron amber fogs Baja 20" bar Aux fuse panel and switches custom 10 sub box double din
  5. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:52 PM
    Tacoturtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2015 red dcsb sport
    Sorry man - that makes it a shitter of a day. Hope they make it right.

6. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:57 PM
    rickF

rickF [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4
    well that explains it. Looks sweet but way too high for a 2.5" lift. Got them from 4wheel parts. Thanks for the help everyone, try again tomorrow.

12taco12 likes this.
  7. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:58 PM
    b_r_o

b_r_o Beef jerky time

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB
    Is the UCA stuck between the coils of the spring?

8. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:58 PM
    Sideways1

Sideways1 Old Dirt Rider

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB Pyrite Mica
    ADS 2.5 with Extended travel/ADS 2.5 Piggyback rear. Dakars. Pelfreybilt Aluminum front bumper,Skid and Brute Force Fab HC rear bumper. 5 x SCS Stealth 6's in Matte Bronze wrapped in Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Wet Okole front and rear seat covers. Wilco Bed Rail Tire Carrier. Light Racing Upper Control Arms. Marshall Fabrications sliders with kick out. Mobtown Tailgate Reinforcement Skin. hyper15125 retrofits. And many many odds and ends.
    Sorry man suck big time

9. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:02 PM
    rickF

rickF [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4
    UCA isnt stuck but hitting the coil, everything is just way too stretched out. While were at it I got Bil 24-186971 for the rear, are these taco or tundra?

10. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:03 PM
    02YotaGuy

02YotaGuy Guy With A Red 80 Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Springfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    94 FZJ80
    Bumper, Winch, 315s, Sliders, OME HD lift, Custom rear swingout, roof rack, drawers, way too much to list.
    The rears are less vehicle specific and more application specific... length, travel... so the rears are more based on how much lift and travel you're aiming for.
    Edit: The ones you have are longer than most people use on Tacomas with a standard 2-3 inch lift.

11. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    Tacoturtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2015 red dcsb sport
    The part numbers I quoted up above should be the front and back for Tacomas, but there is a file on the Bilstein website that tells you for sure. One of the PDF downloads.

12. Jun 19, 2017 at 10:57 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Is the spring perch at the lowest setting? Does the shock have space for the cv axle to get past it? Can you take a pic that shows the entire shock body top n bottom? I read that those are Tundra shocks, so I ask those questions to see if they can in fact work or if you'll need to remove and return them.

DesertTaco4x4 likes this.
  13. Jun 19, 2017 at 11:23 AM
    rickF

rickF [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4
    Yes they were Tundra shocks. Returned them and picking up the new ones. Thanks

14. Jun 19, 2017 at 12:03 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I can't seem to trust 4wp for much of anything. They're like the Walmart of off road stuff.

jcott329 likes this.
  15. Jun 19, 2017 at 12:04 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    I appreciate ya.

DesertTaco4x4 likes this.
  16. Jun 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM
    rickF

rickF [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4
    Realize it now, wish i would have known about 4wheel parts a week ago. Im not usually one to complain but the service was a joke!! First of all they give me parts for the wrong truck. So i go in this morning, guy says sorry thats our screw up, they have the front shocks in stock, bring in your coils and we'll put them together right now(about 11am). Come back an hour later and they tell me they cant get to them till tomorrow. So i tell him to give me the parts il do it myself at home. He brings out the shocks and springs, missing two bushing washers. Going back tomorrow to pick up the rear shocks and never going back.

17. Jul 28, 2020 at 5:20 AM
    ya_boi

ya_boi Fishin' and Drinkin'

Member:
    Eastern Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    Bilstein 5100 lift, Toytec 2" AAL, Bull Bar, Inno Roof Racks
    Strongly recommend double checking this. I couldn't get my springs to compress enough to put on the top nut using this method and ended up taking them to a shop to have them loaded.
    They got them on (no idea how) but when I installed them putting everything back together was a pain and ended up with 2-3" of extra lift.
    Ended up decompressing and recompressing with this method in the correct orientation at home and came out great. Definitely worth double checking.

Products Discussed in

To Top