1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 lift questions (you probs have never seen a post like this before)jk

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by whitetail, Oct 29, 2011.

1. whitetail

whitetail [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Geneva IL
    Vehicle:
    red doublecab prerunner
    Alrighty I have a 2008 doublecab prerunner. In the near future I plan on upgrading suspension as well as tires. I have done alittle research and am looking at toytec bilstein 5100s, Eibach front coils, AALs, a spacer for taco lean correction. This is all sold as a kit. I do not plan on offroading, but in illinois winters can be unfreindly and I would like piece of mind. First of all it says that I will need a top plate spacer to achive 3 inches of lift which is where I would like to be......but could I fit 285 70 or 75 16rs on without the spacer? As it is something I would like to avoid just because from what I have read spacers = broken 5100s. Next every time I read a post on these lifts UCAs are always reccomended. Why? And if I continue running my 265 rugged fails after the lift could I wait till I have 285s ready to go on and do the install then? Any input or pics would be fricken cool thanks guys!!!

2. brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    I own a tank
    Top plate spacers supposedly are hard on shocks. I'm not exactly sure why yet. With that in mind, unless you're wheeling and jumping your truck n shit, you will probably never fall into this boat, but you never know...

UCA's are recommended because you can't correct the alignment without them. Your steering wheel will feel 'loose' and you'll get something we call 'bump steer'. When you hit bumps or holes, your steering wheel will pull towards them. Basically youll be driving with two hands until you get used to it. It also will eventually scallop your tires and accellerate wear, not too bad, but rotations help.

285s will require trimming, and depending on the meatiness of the tire, you should be able to clear without getting an entire 3 inches of lift. I'm at 2.5"+ on a meaty ass KM2, rarely rub.

Search is your friend. Also there is a lift FAQ in this forum, might be worth reading :D

3. Bobber Bill

Bobber Bill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wow, that was really thorough... I'm guessing these questions have been asked once or twice before?

Fuck searching. I'm just going to pm this guy all of my Tacoma related questions

4. whitetail

whitetail [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Geneva IL
    Vehicle:
    red doublecab prerunner
    Thanks alot I can easily find on these posts what I need but this has been the first real explination as to why I need these parts. This will for sure influence how I go about this lift.

To Top