1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 Project

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Just4fununlimited, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Dec 6, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    Just4fununlimited

Just4fununlimited [OP] Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyrtl
    Cerritos/Originally from the island of Guam
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner TRD Off Road SR5
    Toytec 3" Lift with 1.5" Lift block in the rear 285/75/16 COOPER STT 16" Eagle Alloy Style 101 PA15 TOY Decepticon Emblem courtesy of Metalmiller TRD Urban Assault Emblem courtesy of Sockmonkey More to come...
    OKAY...
    I am finally in the market to get my project going. I won't be doing to much of off roading but I plan to play in the sand and probably some mud.
    I would like to get your opinions and suggestions before I make my final decision.
    I am planning to go with Bilstein 5100's all around with my stock springs, and maybe a 2" block in the rear. For tires I am hoping to go with 33's if possible.

For the members with the same lift did you use AAL in the rear or a block? If you used a block how many inches?

Thanks in advance everyone!!

2. Dec 7, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    dktaco

dktaco Yes MAObama is a joke!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    So. Cal (D-town aka Downey)
    Vehicle:
    05' Pre-Runner SR5 6-spd Modded
    5100's set @ 2.5", Wheeler's AAL, Toyota factory trailer hitch w/ a Reese 3.5" drop ball, Gaylord's Tonneau cover, BLHM w/ 35w 6000k HID's, Lumincs yellow fogs, Sylvania 886 bulbs in taillights for reverse lights, Debadged, Dee-Zee nerf bars, Shorty black antenna, 3M rubberized billet grille & surround, Toyo Open Country AT's 31's, K&N intake, 40 series Flowmaster, Redline Racing Synthetic fluid all the way around, Wet Okole set covers, dash mat, Sirius Starmate 5 hardwired, Cobra radar detector hardwired, paint always taken care of the finest products from Autogeek.net and a Porter Cable dual action polisher.
    5100's and a AAL will be your best option. A block is gonna ride harsh and not allow you tow as much. And no he won't be maxed out on the Billies as I have the same setup and it is perfect.

3. Dec 11, 2009 at 1:07 AM
    Just4fununlimited

Just4fununlimited [OP] Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyrtl
    Cerritos/Originally from the island of Guam
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner TRD Off Road SR5
    Toytec 3" Lift with 1.5" Lift block in the rear 285/75/16 COOPER STT 16" Eagle Alloy Style 101 PA15 TOY Decepticon Emblem courtesy of Metalmiller TRD Urban Assault Emblem courtesy of Sockmonkey More to come...
    Thanks guys, ordered my 5100's and I'll most likely go with AAL for the rear. Now to decide on what tires and wheels. What exhausts are you guys running?just want to research the different brands.

4. Dec 11, 2009 at 1:10 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    If he sets them at 2.5", which he will need to do to fit 33"s, he will be maxed out on them. If you have the money to get the 1.6" leveling springs I would get those, a 1/2" spacer, and billies set at 85."

If not, you will be fine with them set at 2.5"

5. Dec 11, 2009 at 5:42 AM
    bucksnort06

bucksnort06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    pete
    cape cod
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD
    4 leaf TSB, 5100's all four, eibach 1.6" coils, ARE cx cap, yakima racks, weathertech floor mats/rain guard/hood guard.
    quick question, if you have the 5100s @ 2.5" and rear TSB done already, do you still need an AAL?

6. Dec 11, 2009 at 6:17 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    It depends on how much your TSB has settled and if you want any kind of rake in the rear. You going to set your Billys @ .85 with the Eibachs?

7. Dec 11, 2009 at 7:38 AM
    dktaco

dktaco Yes MAObama is a joke!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    So. Cal (D-town aka Downey)
    Vehicle:
    05' Pre-Runner SR5 6-spd Modded
    5100's set @ 2.5", Wheeler's AAL, Toyota factory trailer hitch w/ a Reese 3.5" drop ball, Gaylord's Tonneau cover, BLHM w/ 35w 6000k HID's, Lumincs yellow fogs, Sylvania 886 bulbs in taillights for reverse lights, Debadged, Dee-Zee nerf bars, Shorty black antenna, 3M rubberized billet grille & surround, Toyo Open Country AT's 31's, K&N intake, 40 series Flowmaster, Redline Racing Synthetic fluid all the way around, Wet Okole set covers, dash mat, Sirius Starmate 5 hardwired, Cobra radar detector hardwired, paint always taken care of the finest products from Autogeek.net and a Porter Cable dual action polisher.
    Get the AAL especially if you are gonna tow. They keep the firm for the added weight...trust me I tow all the time!

Products Discussed in

To Top