1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 VS Munroe

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Charlot, May 1, 2015.

1. May 1, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    Charlot

Charlot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Hi guys
    I am about yo buy new shocks,and can t decide between Bilstein 5100 and Munroes.
    Here in our town i can get Munroes at a price of 620 plus taxes and i found Bilstein 5100 at a cheaper price 525 for the four.
    I am undecided to which brand should i go.
    Some say that Munroes are not as good as Bilstein 5100 ,but the Bilstein warenty is three years,while the Munroe is unlimited time of the Tacoma.
    My 4x4 V6 is a great truck,but can t stand the ride anymore,those shocks need to be change.
    I don t want too soft shocks either,or i want shocks that will not be soft in two year time..
    Thanks
    Charly

2. May 5, 2015 at 7:46 AM
    oh crap its him

oh crap its him Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    OH->SLC,UT->SA,TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR
    Lift, Wheels, Lights
    Are those prices quoted including labor? You can get a set of the 5100s for $315 shipped to your door right now from Headstrong and just do the install yourself.

3. May 8, 2015 at 2:36 AM
    Charlot

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Sorry for the delay.
    No those prices are only the shocks.
    Labor is around 450
    So i am looking more at Bilstein 5100, with labor in Montreal Chateaugay ,it come to 947 including taxes,labor and front alignment.

4. May 8, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Holy cow man, just buy assembled Bilsteins with new OME coils. Once you get them just bolt them up in place. Super easy man, its just three bolts up top and one down below and your done. Not rocket science at all and you get an all new set up. Screw paying someone money to do the install of just the struts/shocks.

$450 in labor is nuts IMO

5. May 8, 2015 at 10:46 AM
    Charlot

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Thanks Rock Lobster
    My choice is pretty much done though.
    Bilstein5100 should be put on soon..
    Thanks

6. May 8, 2015 at 11:03 AM
    SamuelJ

SamuelJ Darkhorse

Member:
    First Name:
    Samuel
    33.9269893 -118.0185768
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 Trd Sport
    Shortened flowmaster exhaust with a turn down pipe, under cowl intake, throttle body spacer, train horn, underhood led lights, hood struts, dual 27f yellow tops. Led ditch lights, led front roof light bar, led fogs and headlights, behind grill mounted piaa dual color driving lights. Aux fuse and relay panel. Pro comp skid plate, bilstein 5100 leveling shocks on a 2in. lift, b110 rear 5100, add a leaf, front superbumps, light racing jounce rear bumpstops, sway bar relocation, brake line bracket extension, driveline carrier bearing drop, front diff drop, on board air compressor, 10 gal pump driven fresh water tank, cb radio, pioneer 4200 hu, infinity reference component front and component rear speakers powered by rockford fosgate 4 channel, jl audio 10TW3-D4 sub powered by kx800.1 amplifier. Big three upgrade, capacitor. Full cab sound deadening and thermal insulation. Led interior including added footwell, courtesy, cupholder, center console, and glovebox lighting, rock lights, bed lights, ring gear armor, under bed ammo can storage, pistol safe, body armor sliders, roof rack, hilift, 285/70 17 nitto rodge grapplers on american racing teflon atx, tailgate strut, and tailgate lock, retrofit projector headlights(home built), rgb halos inside turbine shrouds, black out surround, black chrome reflector and shroud, white halo outside shroud, white led drl, rgb behind grill on rf control. Mods followed from a TW thread: Anytime fogs Anytime rear view camera Anytime 400w inverter Alternating blinker/running lights 110v center console outlet ABS kill switch Engine kill switch (magnetic) 12volt bed socket Rear diff breather relocation Led bed lights Cargo net anchors Grid it center console top Grid it sun visor Locking center console Instrument cluster led swap Map lights on with dome Cigarette lighter add (shifter position) Dtrl kill switch Hilux lighted 4wd selector switch. Vios hvac knobs Hood scoop led bar
    I have run bilstein 5100 for two years now and love them. Better for an offroad choice and kept the oem coils but get a better response on rough roads. Not to mention they leveled the truck on the highest setting.

7. May 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM
    Charlot

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Sorry
    Meant Monroes,,,llololo

Products Discussed in

To Top