1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 8112 and JBA Control Arms?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by BuscoT, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Dec 10, 2018 at 8:58 PM
    BuscoT

BuscoT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Kapolei
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab Prerunner TRD
    TRD air intake, TRD Exhaust, Toytec coilovers, Bilstein 5100's Front 5160's in back.
    Okay Hawaii Tacoma World friends. It has been a while since I have been on here but looking at the new year coming up and going to modify my Tacoma. So I am back on Tacoma World.

Brief history I had a Tacoma 2010 modfied but got stolen. Ended up picking up another 2010 Stock left it as is. I was thinking about picking up a 2019 but wife just got a new car 2 kids in college and one still in private school. So going to keep the 2010 Pre-runner double cab it is paid off and going to start modifying.

Any opinions on the Bilstein 8112 with the JBA Control Arms.

What say you

2. Dec 10, 2018 at 9:48 PM
    DEDAFLO670

DEDAFLO670 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manuel
    Waipio
    Vehicle:
    15 Trd sport
    Haven’t heard anything bad about them..but for that price I would rather go with ads, Kings or icons with adjustable compression dampeners knobs or clickers

seoulja99 likes this.
  3. Dec 11, 2018 at 11:06 PM
    BuscoT

BuscoT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Kapolei
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab Prerunner TRD
    TRD air intake, TRD Exhaust, Toytec coilovers, Bilstein 5100's Front 5160's in back.
    Thanks for the input

DEDAFLO670 likes this.
  4. Dec 11, 2018 at 11:54 PM
    Chex808

Chex808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DCSB
    The 8112s are a really nice shock I would say they are a step above the 2.5 kings in terms of technology, however I don’t understand why they didn’t put a clicker on it... I guess with the dual zones it’s okay? The price jump though I would say isn’t really worth it vs King 2.5s. Price effectiveness wise, Icon with clickers is a really good way to go. Figure the 8112 will run you about 3400 just on shocks not including the leafs and UCA which will set you back close to 2k. At that point you can probably do like an icon stage 7 maybe? If you don’t care about the cost and your not doing an LT or King 3.0s then I’d say the 8112s would be a great choice. I haven’t heard much about JBA but a lot of people do total chaos arms, ive used Icons delta joints which are great if you don’t want to do too much maintenance, not to mention the black tubular UCAs would complement the black 8112s. For springs I’m using the Icon RXTs. Don’t skimp out and do add a leaf, they make a big difference in the way the truck rides. The RXTs are really nice too because you can change the spring rate so if you want to add some weight out back your good to go. Most importantly buy what you want the first time around. I’m on my third suspension setup. It was a lot of wasted money getting to what I really wanted.

5. Dec 12, 2018 at 12:04 AM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    Lots of us in New England run JBA. I like mine. Highly serviceable. Easy to source replacement parts. Easy to grease.

6. Dec 26, 2018 at 1:36 PM
    nairb

nairb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCab 4x4 OR
    I have extended travel fox and the jba uca. I like the uca, never had a issue and I was able to get it into spec for recon with a 2” lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top