1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bit of a speaker snag

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DrClifton, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Feb 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    DrClifton

DrClifton [OP] New Member

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I am changing out all of me speakers in my 09 dcab and I was putting in the front 6x9 speakers (with 1 inch brackets I got....not tacotunes variety) and I noticed that even with the bracket in place, the rear end of the speaker hits the glass (when rolled down). It looks like i need about another 1/4 inch of clearance in the back...

My question is, can i just add some spacers and mount the speaker? or will doing so make it so my door panel doesnt fit on anymore? I don't mind shaving a little bit off the door panel if i need to, but I don't want to do alot to it. I wanted to get some answers before I try it just so I don't go spending money on parts I don't need.

Here are the speakers I have:
    PIONEER TS-D902P

The website says they have a mounting depth of 3.5 inches. Any ideas to make them fit?

Thanks,
    David

2. Feb 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies Dealer (www.hybrid-audio.com) ARC Audio amplifiers, subs, processors now available! Helix Processors now available! For you super high end guys Brax amplifiers will be available soon! (PICS HERE and new website coming soon with Subwoofers, Amplifiers, Wiring Kits)
    At 3.5" deep you will need to add the 1/4" spacer and you will most likely have to trim a bit off on the inside of the door panel.

3. Feb 22, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    DrClifton

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Thanks for the reply MrMarv! I have heard that you are the one to go to concerning stereo in my Taco.

How much modification to the door panel am i looking at? I mean are we talking cutting the door all up, or simply removing that perpendicular flap of plastic coming out fromt the speaker grill.

4. Feb 23, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies Dealer (www.hybrid-audio.com) ARC Audio amplifiers, subs, processors now available! Helix Processors now available! For you super high end guys Brax amplifiers will be available soon! (PICS HERE and new website coming soon with Subwoofers, Amplifiers, Wiring Kits)
    You're welcome :) and yes all you need to do is remove some of the flap of plastic on the backside of the speaker grill.

5. Feb 23, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    DrClifton

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Awesome, I believe I can manage that!

To Top