1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bite The Bullet , Order A BedRug!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 07speedwayblue, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    07speedwayblue

07speedwayblue [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07tacoma sport 4x4 doublecab
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
    My mod list for the wife`s tacoma got a little shorter today , ordered her up a bedrug from 4wheelparts. I`m 48 and not all that trusting of the online ordering, but I surfed and found a 5% discount code and had a 25$ gift car from buying her MBRP cool duals exhaust so I saved a total of $45.00 off the bedrug . I`ll be picking it up at the 4wheelparts in Indy , shipped for FREEE!! As always. Had to pay the tax though o`well the government needs the $$$!! I think that leaves me with seat covers and coilover for the front end and better shocks for the rear!!

2. Nov 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Good deal! I plan on purchasing a bedrug as well. Just gotta get the topper on first.

3. Nov 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
    I have never owned one , but I friend of bought one for his ford f350 when he bought it new and loves it.!! We home school and my wife has our kids all over everyware and in everything!! So the double cab doesn`t have enough room , so I`m trying to make the bed nicer for all thier stuff.

4. Nov 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Yeah a bedrug will certainly help you out there! I guess cleaning it is supposed to be really easy as well. Just take the power washer to it while it's in the bed, gotta love that.

Did you end up buying the full bedrug set? With the sides and the tailgate section?

I think I'm just going to buy the bottom piece and tailgate section only. Should work really well for the dogs and the occasional camping trip.

5. Nov 23, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I bought the complete one, right now bedrug also has a $25.00 rebate on. When and if I get that back (never have alot of luck on though rebates) I will save a grand total $70.00 on it. Bedrugs are never on sale, so to save anything on one is GREAT!!!!! My friend and I bought bought ford super duty`s at the same time back in02 , he has had his in since he got his truck his bed has not on scratch on it. Course our beds in these tacoma`s don`t matter, plastic. I though all kinds of stuff in my f250 so I did the bed hercliner for scratches and rust , then put a non-skid duraliner for inpack.

6. Nov 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    Doc Foster

Doc Foster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc Foster
    Fredneck, MD
    Vehicle:
    2012 4X4 DC/LB Sport
    Slightly taller 265/70/17 ARE Z series cap.
    Just put a Bedrug in my 2012 Tacoma (under an ARE shell), love it also. This is my 3rd, had ones in two previous trucks.

7. Nov 23, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    If I had a camper shell I'd buy one. They are pretty nice.

8. Nov 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    SWEEEEEEEEET!!! GREAT FEEDBACK!! :thumbsup: Good to hear it! I really hate paying so much for one, I worked in flooring for the past 6 /2 yrs it`s , I`m betting a top of the line indoor outdoor carpet would be as good, but I sure would hate to glue it to the bed!! HAHA!!! I gave that job up at the end of January, been out of work every since, but lifting all that heavy carpet , furniture, up and down all the time. Not a fun job at all!!!

9. Nov 23, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I should have gotten a shell , not enough room when we go camping to take the tacoma, I got to load up my f250 I have ARE Z series shell on it, even though it`s a short bed with that shell on it can pack alot of stuff in the bed.

10. Nov 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    j1999t

j1999t Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    traded it in
    id like to see pictures once you get it on the truck

11. Nov 24, 2011 at 3:44 AM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Can do! I`ll give you all some feed back on how it installs and how nice the product is made and the material it`s made from. :thumbsup:

12. Nov 26, 2011 at 3:57 AM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    So yesterday (black friday) I called in to 4wheelparts to see if my online order work , it didn`t. Got transferred to asaleman , the rug came up at 398.00 w mail in rebate . Asked about the 5% discount , he said he could because of the rebate. after we talk a couple more minutes , he said let me try something. Then he said it took it and the price now is $356 , free shipping to the house the $25.00 mail in rebate , throw the state tax back in there,I had the $25.00 free girt card. So they agve me a 155 discount and now with all siad and done I 1ll save close to $100.00 off the cost of the bedrug!!!!!!!:headbang::thumbsup::burnrubber::yay: I love it when I get lucky!! Mostly it`s all BAD luck!!

13. Nov 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    can you post some pics? id like to see how it goes around all the pockets and power outlet. thanks!

edit: found this.. im pretty much sold, will be ordering one end of next week

14. Nov 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Do you or your wife home school? As a public educator I am always interested in families such as yours.

Best of luck.

Sorry ... I didn't mean to jack the thread ... if I owned a cap this bed rug would be the way to go. I like the way it covers everything.

15. Nov 26, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    jflan

jflan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access 4x4 2.7L manual SR5
    SnugTop SuperSport Sportsman keyless cap Weathertech mats - OEM skidplate - OEM hitch
    I have a shell but with the amount of water and dust that still comes in, I think it would turn into a mushroom farm.

They are nice and would be great for my truck camping activities.

16. Nov 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    My wife does it!! I help out. The kids test out way ahead of the grade they are in.

17. Nov 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Man the brownman`s working late, just a little after 6:00 pm and the brownman dropped off the bedrug!! 4WheelParts was super fast on that one!!!!! I`ll get it installed this weekend and post up some before /after durning shots. Maybe acouple of weks before I get pictures up , tuesday dec. the 6th I go to the V.A for a pretty major surgery. Will be away from the computer for up to two weeks.

18. Dec 1, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    06SR5canada

06SR5canada Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    They sun bleach to a nice browny color too

19. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Updated pictures of the bedrug install. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top