1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Black Blade build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Sgian, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jun 30, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    Sgian

Sgian [OP] The sherbet is fermenting........

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCSB Manual V-6 SC
    TRD Super Charger, AFE CAI, URD Cat-back exhaust, URD Short throw Shifter, OME 886 coilovers with Nitrochargers, Dakar Leaves, Desert Products UCA's, FJ TRD Anthracite rims, BFG AT/TKO 285s, Redline Hood struts, Weathertech Ventshades, Weathertech Floormats, Speed Dawg shift knob, Coupe solid shifter, Relentless all around, Eyelids T2, Mr Yo Rearview mirror lift, ejector seats, Rigid D2s front and back, Rigid Light bar in skewp.
    A couple of guys have asked me why Black Blade. It comes from the screen name I use here and in online gaming(yes, I am a geek). Sgian Dubh is a Gaelic word for a Scottish dagger. The name means black (or hidden) knife, so Black Blade build.
    Currently:
    [​IMG]

Originally:
    [​IMG]
    Just picked this up today, 2011 TRD Sport V-6 Manual transmission. Just got done de-badging, tomorrow she has an appointment with a supercharger.
    [​IMG]
    04JUL11 SC installed, URD exhaust and quick shifter, AFE CAI, Ventshades
    [​IMG]
    17JUL11 Tinted
    [​IMG]
    30JUL11 Lamin-X, WeatherTech mats
    [​IMG]
    03AUG11 Idiot trucker rear-end mod (really don't reccommend this one)
    [​IMG]
    19AUG11 Safely back at home from the shop, freindly police officer reccommended that I remove all Lamin-X
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10SEP11 OME 886, Dakar Leaf pack and Desert Products UCAs
    [​IMG]
    12SEP11 FJ TRD rims with BFG 285s
    [​IMG]
    26NOV11 Frame Chop done, lotsa parts awaiting install.
    [​IMG]
    07MAR12 Relentless Armor arrives
    [​IMG]
    17MAR12 Relentless Armor on
    [​IMG]
    15APR12 Center console organized Eyelids installed
    [​IMG]
    11AUG12 Roof Rack and Jungle Flares
    [​IMG]
    11AUG12 High Lift mounted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    19AUG12 Ram Mount Cell Holder
    [​IMG]
    22NOV12 Rear ended again, I hate stupid people. Had been stopped at a light for over a minute, dumb bitch plows me from behind. Four adults in the car, no one thinks to say "OMG STOP!" When the 300lbs woman is asked by the police officer "Why did you hit him?". Her response is "I just dropped something and was looking for it when, smash". I would attest that it would have been impossible for her to find anything in her truck without removing her puddled ass from the vehicle...
    [​IMG]
    31DEC12 Rigid installed in the scoop.
    [​IMG]
    February 2013 Blue Sea fuse box.
    [​IMG]
    Always on USB charger
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wired in Rigid lightbar to FJ switch, replaced PIAA fogs with D2s.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. Jun 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    14 DC Trd Off Road
    damn i wish i had a supercharger and a new truck lucky

3. Jun 30, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    Jet

Jet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jet
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    11 D-Cab 4x4 Sport
    Locking gas cap, Debadged, Tailgate mod, 3” OME Suspension Kit, 285/70/17 Nitto TG on 17x9 XD Hoss, Side steps, Light Bar, In-Channel vent visors, K&N air filter and sockmonkey stickers.
    sweet, what next....?

4. Jul 1, 2011 at 1:49 AM
    Sgian

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    TRD Super Charger, AFE CAI, URD Cat-back exhaust, URD Short throw Shifter, OME 886 coilovers with Nitrochargers, Dakar Leaves, Desert Products UCA's, FJ TRD Anthracite rims, BFG AT/TKO 285s, Redline Hood struts, Weathertech Ventshades, Weathertech Floormats, Speed Dawg shift knob, Coupe solid shifter, Relentless all around, Eyelids T2, Mr Yo Rearview mirror lift, ejector seats, Rigid D2s front and back, Rigid Light bar in skewp.
    URD exhaust
    URD short throw shifter
    AFE airbox
    window vents

all in the mail

I am on the fence about some short tube Doug Thorley headers, but will most likely order them today.

5. Jul 2, 2011 at 5:05 AM
    Sgian

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Supercharger installed yesterday. Window ventshades installed this morning. URD exhaust, Quickshifter and AFE airbox should arrive today.
    [​IMG]

6. Jul 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Your girlfriend likes my member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 6-Speed
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx | PrInSu
    Holy crap! I wish I had the money to do all that to a new truck!

7. Jul 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    Sgian

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    Just finished this morning.

8. Jul 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM
    Ez2typethis

Ez2typethis Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD sport 4x4 TRD S/C, TRD Cat back
    My 2010 4x4 TRD sport: Bilstein 5100's in the front set at 1.5" to level, TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat back, TRS retrofit, Satoshi grill, Redlinetuning hood struts, Socked
    Nice build man! Superchargers are the only way to go!

9. Jul 26, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx | PrInSu
    Any updated pics?

10. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    HuntnTruk

HuntnTruk Tacohead

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    New York-not the City
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 4x4
    So what was your immediate impression of the supercharger?

11. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    Sgian

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

Most updated pic I have atm. Only things new done to her are window tinting, WeatherTech floor mats, and a Momo gearshift knob. I have Lamin-x standing by to be installed this weekend, headlights, tail lights, fogs and windshield. Am scared to install the Scangauge, having too much fun with the gas pedal. I am waiting for DownSouth Motorsports to get Desert Racing UCA's and some Dakars in stock so they can send me out my lift. Waiting on some FJ TRD Anthracite wheels to show up (should be fri/sat). Put an order into Eric for some Relentless armor, two month wait, grr. Have a PA system with hands-free mic enroute. And did the hose-clamp rear gate mod.

On the improvement with the Supercharger... Holey hell!!!! The look on my wife's face when I downshifted from third to second and punched it was priceless. Threw her and the kids back into their seats as the car went from 25 to 45 faster than a truck should be able to. Still learning the truck though, but it shocks the crap out of people that think that they can get in front of me, hehe. matt

12. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    I refer you to a post I made a few days back^^^

13. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    Sgian

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Don't mess with my midlife crisis man! J/K I have been wanting this for quite a while. Re-enlisted in AFG and picked up Senior Chief, so can finally make my dreams a reality. Still waiting on my wife to cut off the funding for my insanity.....

14. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5

Great looking truck. You've already done killer mods to it, and sounds like you have awesome plans aswell. Subbed for pics!

15. Jul 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    Ez2typethis

Member:
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    My 2010 4x4 TRD sport: Bilstein 5100's in the front set at 1.5" to level, TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat back, TRS retrofit, Satoshi grill, Redlinetuning hood struts, Socked
    Definitely want to keep an eye on this build!

16. Jul 27, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    Haha I wouldn't mess with anyone that has that big of plans for such a nice truck! If you had the longbed auto we'd have the same base truck. I have some plans for the next couple years for mine so we shall see!

17. Jul 31, 2011 at 1:59 AM
    Sgian

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Man, finding a Lamin-x installer close by is about impossible, ended up driving 200 miles to find one that can install the windshield. Jury is still out on if I'm going to keep it on there, looks like I am driving from the inside of a golf ball presently. Tons of dimples that the installer stated would dissapate in a day or two, we'll see. He also did the Headlights, Tails, fogs and third breaklight.
    [​IMG]
    When I got home these were waiting on me, my wife wasn't too excited about having to carry all of them into the house while I was away...
    [​IMG]
    Now just waiting on Downsouth Motorsports to get my OME system back in stock to lift her up and get new rubber on.

18. Jul 31, 2011 at 2:16 AM
    WhiteTacoma93

WhiteTacoma93 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    03 DC 4x4
    i'm jealous.....

19. Jul 31, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    Me too!

20. Jul 31, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    Ez2typethis

Member:
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:

Same exact rims i am getting! just want to wait to get rims/tires and lift at the same time. That'll be a huge make over for my truck. Did you get them from

https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/prod...=2238&osCsid=522e6acff48788bb46b3848bbfc984fa

I was planning on getting those and getting them powdercoated satin black.

Very nice!

To Top