1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Black Diamond LED Grilles by Rigid Industries

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Shaggy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    Rackuhn

Rackuhn Wait, What?

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    05 AC PreRunner SR5
    18inch Enkei, Weathertech floorliners, Wet Okoles, DD Headunit, Anytime Fog Lights, PlastiDip Badges, Colormatched Front Grille, EGR In-channel Rain Guards, ToyTec Ultimate Lift w/ OME Darkar leaf pack, 1.25 Spidertrax up front, Colormatched engine cover,
  2. Mar 16, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Anybody installed one on a 2013 yet? There's another thread where the topic of cutting the old grill came up. Just trying to understand Rigid's claim of "no cutting" on their website with what I think has to happen.

3. Mar 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    TMadTaco

TMadTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Julian, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB TRD Sport
    Stock...for now
    I WANT THAT!!!

4. Mar 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    Shaggy

Shaggy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DC TRD Off Road
    You are very welcome - at last I finally contribute to someone on here. I have taken so much ;)

5. Mar 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Someone has to have done this to a 2013. I just want to know how much cutting there was.

6. Mar 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
  7. Mar 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    JasperOffroad

JasperOffroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    If anyone wants to try and put one of my lights behind one of these, email me and we can talk. :) I have no idea what the mounting on the back of this looks like but I can provide info on the lights.

8. Mar 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    JerryTaco

JerryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I installed mine on my 2012 which is the same as the 2013 last week. Anyhow, you essentially have to cut out the entire center section of the grill. If you leave a 1/4 inch remaining of the factory black center section you'll be good to go. The Rigid grille sits flush against the painted or chrome grille surround so you will not even see the 1/4 lip that you left. That said, the Rigid grill uses 4 new screws, two on the top and two at the bottom. Really it's a very simple and quick install. If you have any specific questions or would like pictures of what I cut out just let me know..

Don't let the cutting deter you from getting this grille. Cutting is the best way to get a clean install without seeing the original grill behind, which looks tacky and cheap in my opinion..

9. Mar 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Chas of MRT

Chas of MRT Total Automotive Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Thanks for the heads up JerryTaco.

10. Mar 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    For the price, I'd expect the grill to be in the plastic surrounding.

11. Mar 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yes, that's what you told me on the other thread. Pics?

Is Rigid the best LED light? I'm new to LED's. I had some PIAA's on my Tundra and I miss them. I had them tied into the brights.

12. Mar 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    Chas of MRT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Rigid is a top quality LED light, made in the USA and with a lifetime warranty. They are literally bulletproof and have a much better internal design then anything coming from overseas. Another top brand of LED bars is Baja Designs.

13. Sep 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    taco222

taco222 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Sport
    3 inch Toytech ultimite lift, black badges, Trifecta Tonneau, Smitybilt nerf steps, Rigid Industriles Grille and E series LED bar, Shorty antenna, weathertech floor liners
    After a 9 month wait in the sand box, I finally got to install my grille!

image.jpg

14. Sep 13, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Looks outstanding. I've had my truck over 6 months now and I still haven't installed LED's. I still think this grill is the best looking one out there, but paying my kid's college tuition took precedent over lights.

15. Sep 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    Chas of MRT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein

Looks awesome man! Welcome home :D

16. Sep 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Just a heads up if anyone is still looking for this in a dealer for rigid now and can get you a smoking price on these :) that's all.

17. Sep 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity

What would that smoking price be?

18. Sep 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    fenderpicks

fenderpicks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yea 2nd that... i am interested too

19. Sep 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    Chas of MRT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  20. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    Seagrave

Seagrave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC LB 4x4 Sport

Looks great!!!! Few questions for you if ya don't mind...
    How well does the grill light work?
    Do you think it is worth the price?
    Any night pictures available?
    Where did you mount the switch to turn it on?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top