1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Black,Gray,White,speed way blue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SDe92bmw335i, Feb 15, 2009.

?

What color to go for

Poll closed Mar 17, 2009.
  1. Black, just keep waiting.

21 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. White, and black out the lights

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. Gray, new color

44 vote(s)
    39.3%
  4. Speedway Blue

24 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Feb 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    Blu08Taco

Blu08Taco Taco™

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Even when dirty, speedway blue just shinesssssss. But when it's washed up, you're on top of the world. If you like to stand out, go for it...

2. Feb 16, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    6shooter

6shooter Well-Known Member

Member:
    portland, or
    Vehicle:
    06 sport........
    plenty.......
    i like my truck, but it is impossible to keep it looking good.

3. Feb 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    My second Toyota in '89 was gray metalic and I would have gotten it again on my '08 had it been offered.

4. Feb 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I'm partial to Speedway blue, but If I had to choose another color - the magnetic gray definately!!

They say black is hard to keep clean - and not necessarily the 'dirt' aspect of it. Even after you polish & wax a black vehicle - you breathe on it and you can see swirls & shit in the paint. The darker colors tend to be like that.

5. Feb 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    SDe92bmw335i

SDe92bmw335i [OP] Active Member

Member:
    TAIWAN
    Went to the dealer today and saw the Black sport and Gray offroad,
    this is the first time to see both cars at the same time.
    Both of them are sick but gray hides scratchs..............

6. Feb 18, 2009 at 12:30 AM
    silverbullet05

silverbullet05 OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    BLACK 09 DC 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Icon Coilovers, Icon Rear Res. Shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, Fabtech AAL, TRD CAI, KMC XD Enduros, 285's BFG KM2; Demello Sliders, Full Budbuilt Skid Set
    Guess whats gonna happen if you buy a truck that isn't black. Nothing you are still going to want a black truck. I made that mistake and now I have just got the black truck I always wanted. It gets dirty but? I don't care I love it.

7. Feb 18, 2009 at 1:17 AM
    SDe92bmw335i

SDe92bmw335i [OP] Active Member

Member:
    TAIWAN

you got the point.......but I just cant wait any longer........

8. Feb 18, 2009 at 6:18 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Had a '77 Dodge van at one time in black. You would spend all day washing and waxing and you could see yourself in the reflection from a block away, damn it was a sharp truck cleaned up.

That lasted about a day or two and then it was just a dusty van until next time, and it was strictly a pavement ride. That was the last black vehicle I've owned except for bikes. Thing is you could wash two Tacomas in the time it takes to detail a bike. I'm just sick that way. ;)

9. Feb 18, 2009 at 6:29 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Lies, there's been studies on this, it's just a mental preception that it's hotter. It's not.

Like said by the other poster. If you want black, hold out and get it. Otherwise you might be 'happy' but always wanting that black truck. I did that with getting a pre-runner, I really wanted a 4x4 but didn't hold out... now I'm always like "man I wish I had 4x4, sigh"

Also, I'm in AZ, and my truck is black. Sure it gets dirty, sure it's hard to keep clean. Guess what, every other color is the exact same, it just 'masks' it a bit better. Also.. its' a truck. Dirty trucks are a good thing! They're ment to be used, not encased in a vacuum sealed, temperature controlled glass case. Also, when a black truck is clean, damn does it show up the others :p

10. Feb 18, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    Do you have a link to any results of said study posted online?
    I know for a fact that my 1st gen white was cooler to the touch. As far as interior goes I think that has to do more with interior colors. My Scion tC was my first vehicle with a black interior and it was hot as hell. Makes sense too. Black radiates heat more than other colors, especially lighter colors.

Black looks great. I considered it many times while waiting for an Indigo Ink. When the gray came out I went with it since I had a 90 Toyota pickup which was gray. I knew what to expect as far as cleaning goes. It is a little better not showing dirt. There are pros/cons to any decision. Don't do the speedway blue...sorry guys it doesn't do it for me. It sure would be boring if we all had the same car/color wouldn't it.

Products Discussed in

To Top