1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

black headlight mod

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by nastyblowpop, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jan 16, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    nastyblowpop

nastyblowpop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4 rugged trail
    is anyone willing to help me out in doing the bhlm? i know they sell them on ebay but ive heard mixed reviews on those lights. thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 16, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    i would but i think i live a couple of thousand miles to far away.good luck

3. Jan 16, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Go ahead and give it a shot, I felt the same way. But took my time, and followed the directions they have here. To date no leak issues and they look HOT. word of the wise, if you do it, wear contractor gloves (tight) I burnt the tips of my fingers.
    GOOK LUCK!!!

4. Jan 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    nastyblowpop

nastyblowpop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4 rugged trail
    the part that scares me the most is putting them in the oven. i have read multiple threads on it and everyone says a different temp and different times. as well as putting them back in the oven after being painted and resealed. im just not sure on which thread to trust.

5. Jan 16, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Just follow the directions under "Mods & Tutorials" and you'll be fine. Allow the paint to dry for 24 hours and use some wax paper around the edges of the newly painted surround during reassembly and everything will work out. I forgot to use the wax paper and chipped the edge of the surround. Oh well, more reason to tear them apart and do a projector retro.

Products Discussed in

To Top