1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Black truck... Detail 101 help

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Do58, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Sep 1, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    Do58

Do58 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 white tacoma limited
    ok guys and gals, I do like a clean truck but I know not to your standards. That's why I post. I have a white truck and I like it because it looks good to me clean and also hides some dirt too. Well, my wife just bought a new black truck. Love it when clean but was not my first choice, all hers. I def want to keep it clean and do everything in my power to learn and keep the truck clean with no swirls if possible. I was told of a youtuber junkman and watch his videos. Very informative but need more. Looking for some good 101 info as where to start and possibly some answers to some questions. Appologize for the length and ingnorance if you think (just so many opinions and options). Plus, I feel that this is technical and an art.
    Couple questions to start with.
    Can you wash a vehicle too much (dangerous to the clear)?
    After wash, what's the next step in order to protect and get the shine? (Clay,wax,sealent,Polish/gloss etc)
    How often can I or would I clay seal/wax?
    Product recommendations? (Meguires,mothers,dura etc)
    Thanks again for any info

2. Sep 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
  3. Sep 1, 2016 at 8:13 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Start with first one. Answer is no if you do a proper 2 bucket wash. Incorrect wash is swirl city.

Second, only clay when vehicle needs it. I maybe do once a year. as far as seal/wax it all depends on products you use.

Third, there are a ton of products out there. Start at Autogeek.net. I personally like Adams, Kenotek, Wolfgang, and Optimum...especially Optimum's coatings.

Products Discussed in

To Top