1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

blackberry users?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by FamouzStarz, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Oct 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    i was not a fan of the android platform (i had the google G1 on t-mobile) because their entire platform is based around sandboxing the applications. thats the way google handled the security of the phone, but it was crazy unstable and it doesn't allow you to "leave applications open" so if you backed out of an application to open another anything you were doing in the previous app would be gone unless you specifically saved it.

i was so bad i only had it for about a month before going back to bb

2. Oct 29, 2009 at 7:27 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i only have a few. vlingo, opera mini and some kind of weather thing i downloaded. thats it though. i upgraded to the 5.0 OS and thats when allmy problems started. before OS it was slow as hell. i'd snap a pic and have to wait literally 1 minute for it to save before i could take another. or i'd send a text and it woudl freeze up for 15 seconds while sending it. which means i couldn't lock it and put it back in my pocket, i just had to sit and wait for it to send. now that i have 5.0, alot of that seems to have improved but it freezes up on me all the time and seems really unstable. overall i'm just not impressed with BB software. dont really want an iphone and palms suck ass. i dont know what to do when my contract is up. maybe i'll look into the droid

3. Oct 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    well they are hoping to demolish the iphone. in order to do that they HAVE to have this new phone polished up and running like a top right from the start. i hope it lives up to all the hype

4. Oct 29, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I do one if I leave my phone on when I am out of service for extended periods. I am running 4.5. I could have swore I was running 4.6 though.

5. Oct 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    it's not going to do anything... it was a great idea- terrible execution

personally, i love the bb OS... if it was just slow for you maybe upgrading to a newer/more powerful phone would help. i went from a 8320 to 8900 and wow- that thing was blazing fast. my google maps used to load in like 10-15 seconds on the 8320 and on the 8900 it opened in less than 2.

6. Oct 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    if i'm out of my service area i always shut my antenna off so it doesn't drain the battery constantly searching for the network... i'm on 4.5

7. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    when you say its not going to do anything and the execution is terrible can you elaborate? i'm in the process of trying to figure out what my next phone will be and i'm having a hard time deciding. the BB is too professional and sucks for alot of stuff and the iphone plan is too expensive and too much of a toy. i'd like to find a nice cross in between but i'm having a hard time finding something i like. i may just go with a normal damn phone and say fuck the data phones

8. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    Any other Storm users download the new 5.0 OS? Wow what a big improvement...its like they revamped the whole operating system!

9. Nov 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    that was obviously my opinion, and i looked up where google is with the android software and they seem to be moving along pretty quickly with new versions, and my opinion is based on whatever version was running on the G1 around the first of the year. they may have improved on it a bit since then (and maybe not) and the new motorola cliq commercials make the android software look tempting, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth from the G1... i handle all the phones for my department and have played with most of the smart phones (i haven't played with a palm pre yet) and for me the blackberry is where it's at... i would encourage you to do your own research and talk to people (not salesman) that use the phone you want to get, and i would also say that if you have a bb now and maybe have a few problems with it, perhaps a different model bb would be better suited for you.

i haven't yet, but i'll have to check it out now... i've got a storm with a cracked screen that i picked up a while back that i'm going to unlock and play with

10. Nov 3, 2009 at 2:05 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i played with my friends new Tour and its ok, but still just not that impressive. i'm most likely gonna give the droid a shot when it comes out. if i dont like it i will prolly just switch over to a regular cell phone. i'm starting to get tired of "smart" phones

11. Nov 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    oh yeah, my curve has TONS of dust and little hairs behind the screen. whats up with that? it seems to be a problem with many BB's. has that been taken care of? why dont' i hear other phone users complain about it? it has bugged the hell out of me for over a year now.

12. Nov 3, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    hmmm.... i did just check out some reviews and pics of the 9700 and i would definitely rock that phone if it weren't on tmobile. not sure how t mobile is in your area but around here its a joke

Products Discussed in

To Top