1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blacking Out Behind Grillcraft/Satoshi

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 28Gauge, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    I am about to install a Grillcraft on my 2006 DC and will be blacking out as much stuff behind the grill as possible. The concern that I have is about painting the actual radiator itself. Do you have to use some sort of special paint or will any good quality spray paint do the job? Also, will the paint have any effect on the radiator's ability to properly dissipate heat?

2. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    I did mine with just a normal can of spray paint from home depot and haven't had any problems. I just masked everything around the area off and put tape over the 2 plugs on each side on the grill at the bottom.

3. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    x2

4. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    ^x3...:D

To Top