1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blower motor draining battery??

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by sormi, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Jan 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    sormi

sormi [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Plane Jane with SR5
    My 2008 Tacoma Blower motor stopped working on me last week. I checked fuses etc. all looked good. Next day I went out and the battery was dead. I charged the battery and fired up the motor. Alternator putting out 13.9vdc. The fan started working for a day. I went out this morning and banged on the motor. It started running again. So I came in and took a 2 hour nap went back out and the battery is dead again. Any Ideas on what might be draining the battery??? I put my hand around the motor coil to see if it was hot but it was cool. I would think any thing draining a battery in two hours would be a little warm? Do you think the resistor might be shorting out??

2. Jan 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    P9HST2

P9HST2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM AC TRD OR
    WeatherTech floor liners, tailgate hoseclamp, Famous Fab sliders, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Icon "3T" suspension.
    Sounds like the contacts on your heater relay may be bad. If they're burnt and pitted it could cause both symptoms you describe, blower not working, and sticking on to drain the battery.

3. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    How old is your battery? Maybe the blower has a check that keeps it from using power if there's a charging system issue? I'm just guessing here, but with all of the computerized crap on these trucks it wouldn't surprise me.

Products Discussed in

To Top