1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

blowing fuses

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by nb_tacoma, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jan 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    nb_tacoma

nb_tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 access cab 4x4
    2.5 inch toytec lift /w rear block 255/85/16 cooper discoverer st's Westin light bar with 2 hella 500's Satoshi grille mod BHLM bumper valence painted with rocker guard relocated the horns tail gate anti-theft mod added a trailer hitch relocated 7 pin in bumper rear diff breather mod Magnaflow muffler kenwood KDC-X895 deck
    the fuse for my rear running lights keeps blowing everytime i turn on my running lights ? any ideas

2. Jan 11, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    nb_tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 access cab 4x4
    2.5 inch toytec lift /w rear block 255/85/16 cooper discoverer st's Westin light bar with 2 hella 500's Satoshi grille mod BHLM bumper valence painted with rocker guard relocated the horns tail gate anti-theft mod added a trailer hitch relocated 7 pin in bumper rear diff breather mod Magnaflow muffler kenwood KDC-X895 deck
    i got my truck under coated and also added fog lights and then noticed it about a week after ( my truck was pre wired for the fog lights i just added lamps replay and switch ) but i do have a non factory trailer harness plugged in also

3. Jan 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    short somewhere?

4. Jan 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    nb_tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 access cab 4x4
    i disconnected the fog lamps, but it still blows fuses and the weather got to cruddy to continue so i havnt tried the trailer harness yet .. i assume there is a bad ground somewhere

5. Jan 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    nb_tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 access cab 4x4
    Okay so i found the issue the ground and power wire for my fog lamps were touching... and now that they are not the fuses dont blow and tail lights work, but the fog lights do not work any more

can anyone tell me how to wire the factory wiring for the fog light switch to a switch that is a 3 pole switch
    thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top