1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

blue tooth /stereo issues

Discussion in 'Canada' started by littledave07, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    littledave07

littledave07 [OP] Member

Member:
    new to the forum, 2010 trd 4 door,
    anyways, I have a couple question of you good folks, stock stereo, with bluetooth, the stereo cuts out repeadily, channel on fm still shown on the screen, just no sound, happens intermittently, dealer replaced the stereo, still doing it, 21 times in 10 mile drive, seems frustrating, as I was hoping the stereo would cover up the fan tic....I am guessing it has to do with my iphone 3g and the bluetooth, but not sure who to call, apple or yota?

any one else having this issue?

LD

2. Feb 8, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Does it do this on a cd or sattelite radio? if so, sounds like it could possibly be an amplifier problem. Since you have bluetooth, I think you have the same system as me, the one with the sub. Which should have an external amp.

Another though is if it is some sort of bluetooth interference, maybe try another cell phone to see if it still does the same. Or even turn off the bluetooth and see if it still does it.

3. Feb 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
    littledave07

littledave07 [OP] Member

Member:
    well, my stereo is stock, i am starting to think this an iphone issue as my wifes crack berry does not do this, and when I turn the tooth off, it does not cut out, still frustrating, as hell, not sure if I scale back the version of iphne software will fix this or not???

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Mine works pretty good, it does however have some static when recieving a call. I does this for about 2 seconds which doesn't sound like much but when answering a call and they cant hear you, I'm afraid they will hang up and of course I know it will stop shortly. I currently have an LG env3. Will be upgrading in a few weeks though. Good luck!

To Top