1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth and Iphone 7

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Tiggertc1376, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Oct 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    Tiggertc1376

Tiggertc1376 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Pyrite Mica Toyota Tacoma TRD
    We've only had our Tacoma for about 2 weeks. It is a 2014. I do know that it does not have etune. I download the app and tried to register the vin and it said it does not have etune.

The radio itself says gracenote on it.

My dilemma though, is I had to upgrade to the iphone7 due to battery issues with my my Iphone 6 and instead of replaceing my 6 or upgrading to the 6s I had to go with the 7 because of the deal I got, we own an small business and the deal made my phone free so no brainer, but my phone now does not recognize the bluetooth for my truck. It does for my husband (iphone 6s) and it did with my old phone that was running ios 10 before I upgraded.

I can't seem to find a solution as to if it is an iphone7 or a Toyota compatability problem. Any Help would be appreciated.

When I turn on the bluetooth it just continually spins not showing the Toyota to connect.

2. Oct 12, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    AZJuice

AZJuice Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juice
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    16 Taco DCLB Sport 4x4
    I am having the same issue with my iphone 7 and Entune app working properly. The only way I can get it work for a day is to remove the app off the phone and re-install it, which I know doesn't make sense.

In the Bluetooth menu of the phone I have to remove the vehicle and in the vehicle in the settings menu I removed it and set it back to default. I then went and tried to "add" the device and went in to the Bluetooth menu of the phone and they were able to find each other but then I had to click on the "I" in the circle and acknowledge notifications for it complete the set up.

My Bluetooth calling works fine, Slacker radio and Iheart work fine, Pandora just does the spinny thing like you mentioned. It worked great on my 6 before and after the entune update.

*Iphone 6, 6s and 7 all have Bluetooth 4.2

I hope this info that I am sharing might help you in you dilemma.

3. Mar 31, 2017 at 4:07 PM
    OffRd 5TRMTPR

OffRd 5TRMTPR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I am having similar issues on my 2016 Tacoma. Messages not phone calls will come through the unit. I have to see that my phone is ringing in order to answer it and have it come through the truck. Other wise it's a missed call

4. Jun 28, 2017 at 7:00 AM
    mwmilling

mwmilling New Member

Member:
    I have a 2016 Tacoma and had it synched with my iphone 6. I upgraded to iphone 7 and now I am not able to synch. My phone can't find TOYOTA Tacoma. Anyone else have this problem when upgrading phones?

5. Jun 28, 2017 at 2:00 PM
    klavender1

klavender1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbia/Lugoff, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2005 GX 470
    Has anyone tried doing a hard reset on the phone? That fixes weird issues with iPhones.

Step 1: Press and hold the Lock/Wake button on the right side of your iPhone.

Step 2: At the same time, press and hold down the Volume Down button on the left side while keeping the Lock/Wake button pressed.

Step 3: Keep holding both the buttons until the screen turns black and then switches back on to display the Apple Logo.

Step 4: Wait for a couple of seconds until your iPhone boots up completely and displays the Lock screen.

6. Jun 28, 2017 at 4:32 PM
    mwmilling

mwmilling New Member

Member:
    I was able to synch after watching a youtube video. You have to remove your old phone from the vehicle bluetooth and remove the vehicle from your iphone 7. Then I shut down the phone as klavender1 said above. Then I went back and synched as if it were a new truck and a new phone and it worked.

search for the video below...

How to fix bluetooth problems with your new Toyota.
    [​IMG]
    Bryan Knowledge

Hope this helps!

Products Discussed in

To Top