1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth handsfree with no buttons?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tophog, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    tophog

tophog [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oregun
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Crew LB
    First post here ... just bought a used 2009 Tacoma SR5 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 with 5K miles on it. Window sticker states it has the Bluetooth handsfree option however there are no steering wheel buttons as the owners manual shows. The only phone related button I have is up on the dash next to the fog light switch ...has a big button in the middle with a phone icon on it and separate up/down arrow buttons above/below the big button. When I push the phone button it mutes the stereo ...but wondering WTF? Owners manual shows buttons on steering wheel so I'm wondering what gives? I also can't find any reference to the button I have in the manual.

2. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM Roll Tide

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 Blown Honda VTEC V8
    trd exhaust,step bars,vent visors,bed lights,tailgate mod
    i dont know,but i think bluetooth is an accessory add on,it should have a seperate manual.some body will know though.

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Your bluetooth is an add on unit. Someone will chime in with a link to the one you have.

Okay, you have the Blu Logic setup.

http://www.blulogicupdate.com/

4. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    tophog

tophog [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oregun
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Crew LB
    Thanks for the replies. I did find it is the BlueLogic setup and found the manual/info online and already have it paired/working with my phone :)

5. Jan 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    4drLB

4drLB Active Member

Member:
    RI
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    i kind if went through this. you have a blue logic system but it is not the one in the manual. The one in the manual has the steering wheel buttons and is not installed by the dealer. the one with steering wheel buttons is installed at the factory and is not a dealer item. The jacka$$es at the dealerships have no idea what options are available. The don't even know what they are selling. if you ask for bluetooth they will install an after market unit or the one you have then you a left to figure out why you were expecting and paid for one item and received another. It is a stupid system run by morons.

To Top