1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bluetooth options?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bass mechanic, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jan 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    bass mechanic

bass mechanic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado springs, colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma Access cab TRD offroad in black
    none
    ok i was pretty close to getting a brand new truck and trading in my 1996 tacoma with SC (they are very desparate these days as they offered 7100 for my trade LMAO!!
    in anycase im stuck and i need some help
    i have several things that are MUST HAVE items but toyota doesnt make a truck configured the way i want.
    first priority i need a LONG BED or more clearly not the short bed found on the double cab, i haul a dirt bike and when i ride solo i like to be able to close the tail gate (dont ask why)
    second, i want the offroad package because i want the LOCKING REAR DIFF
    third i want the upgraded stereo system with BLUETOOTH

you cannot get a bluetooth without getting the D cab and if you get the longer bed option you cant get an offroad package, only sport. i would prefer an access cab because 98% of the time i would never have more than 2 adults and our riding gear in the back of the cab. but you cant get bluetooth in a access cab.
    now the only option i see is an aftermarket stereo but i really want to use the factory steering wheel controls. i used to install stereos professionally for about 12 years, ive grown out of it, i like having a stock system because i never worry about it getting stolen and i like the integration the factory stuff offers including XM
    should i just wait and see if the 2010 models offer BT on the access cab?

if there was some way to get the stereo from the d cab into the access cab with integrated BT option i would be all set!

anyone have any ideas?

2. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    nurseboy

nurseboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jan
    Riverside, Ca
    Just get the double cab, long bed, with stock options, including blue tooth you want and steering wheel buttons. Instead of the trd off road package, just buy aftermarket suspension with the same setup and do it yourself :)

3. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    cankel

cankel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma White DC SB TRD-Off Road 4x4
    ARB Bumper , spacer lift, kumho A/T, TRD Sport Hood
    i think it would be cheaper and better for you to just get the access cab with trd off road. maybe later you can upgrade by buying the toyota bluetooth hardware from ebay or from toyota, and like you said you had experience installing stereos it would be easier for you to install the bluetooth system, then to change the suspension to get lockers on a trd sport.

4. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:42 PM
    red taco

red taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    La Verne, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Impulse Red Pearl
    You can fit your bike in the bed with the gate closed on the double cab. Just has to go in at an angle. In case that matters any. But I agree with the access cab and the trd or options you want. you can install an bluetooth yourself. there are plenty of aftermarket types of bluetooth and your not loosing out on all the other options

5. Jan 8, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport+Leather 4x4
    Front 5100's @2.5", Rear 5125's with AAL. Light Racing UCA's, Factory hood deflector, Sirius Sportster 5, TRD air filter, Weathertech's f&r, "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    What a bout a Nav system?If you were planning on getting a GPS,alot of them come BT compatible.I just got a TomTom Go90 for Christmas and it's my first experience with BT and I'm loving it.

1.Truck configuation you want
    2.Steering wheel controls
    3.GPS and BT

Just a thought.:)

6. Jan 8, 2009 at 5:43 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra TRDRW
    Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing
    that's the best way to go IMO

7. Jan 8, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    bass mechanic

bass mechanic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado springs, colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma Access cab TRD offroad in black
    none
    well see heres the thing, in my 96 the idea of a locking diff became apparent when i got the SC installed. i have a tendancy to spin the tire (notice i said Tire not tires) when in 1st and 2nd gear.
    i plan to get the SC for the new truck and want the ability to lock the rear diff when i want to.

let me ask you guys this question, for thoes of you who have limited slip diff how exactly does it work? i was under the impression it uses the brakes on the spinning wheel to direct power to the ones with traction. if this is the case its not a limited slip in the true definition. if the truck comes with a real limited slip then i would be ok with the sport package and thats available on the D cab long bed. the only problem is that truck is LOOOONG i would still prefer the off road package. if i had my choice and this is a tough decision i think i would rather have the access cab because i dont need all the extra room, i know some day ill regret that statement!
    for some reason though i feel like the longer the wheel base is the worse it will be in snow. i think if i had to give somthing up it would be the bed, if i can still fit a bike in diagonal with the tailgate up i might go that route

8. Jan 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
To Top