1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by xpert1111, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Feb 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    xpert1111

xpert1111 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCLB Sport
    I have a 2011 TRD Sport with bluetooth. Works great with my Droid X when it comes to phone calls, but does anyone know if i can play my music from the phone through the Bluetooth? Thanks in advance!

2. Feb 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I haven't tried this. I wouldn't think it would work since the phone voice only comes in through the left front speaker.

3. Feb 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    double_b

double_b Well-Known Member

Member:
    Red Lion, PA
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCab Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Is it the Blu Logic? If so it will play music, at least if does on my iPhone but it's only through the front speakers....and volume control is thru the Blu Logic buttons. My iPhone 3G I couldn't bypass this(at least not that I knew how)...but my iPhone 4 actually gives me the option with a small icon(AirPlay icon) that I can switch from the Blu Logic streaming to the "headphones" which is how I have the iPhone running to my factory radio, through the AUX port.

4. Feb 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    xpert1111

xpert1111 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCLB Sport
    Thanks. Going to use the MP3 jack and buy a double sided 3.5mm cable for this...

5. Mar 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    MetalRain

MetalRain Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kenny
    florida
    3" lift headlight mod.. indash dvd player with backup camera ... overhead sirius radio... HHO... scangauge2... vent visors... TRD seat covers... mounted streamlight in console... window tint... bed cover... K&N air filter... Tires and Rim upgrade... USB plug in behind console... bug shield... Upgraded all speakers in truck and installed two subs and amp behind rear seat
    My Droid works great with my kenwood DDX-418 phone and music... at first it would only play bluetooth out the front speakers.. and then I found on the radio that If I would like the phone to play only in front speakers or all... when I picked all... now its sounds great . and also. if my phone rings when the radio is playing. the music will turn down.but, the voice of the caller will be still turned up. and I can turn off the bluetooth by one button on my phone and use the phone normal. even when I turn off the bluetooth connection on my phone the volume of the radio is still turned down until I end the call then the music will return... and also. I reading up about the bluetooth and SMS texting.... some where and some how with SMS it should show you your text from someone else on the radio screen. haven't gotten that far yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top