1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Body Scanner Saved 35,000 'NAKED' Images

Discussion in 'Travel' started by BuckNakedBooda, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    At least not in the back :eek:

2. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Rofl what?

Please show me which portion of the constitution entitles you to safe air travel as a right due a citizen of this nation. I will wait patiently.

People need to fucking understand that a LOT of the things you are ALLOWED to do are not rights. There's a bigass difference.

3. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    jivewalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    What? Don't be so literal. I'm simply saying that I support those that are serving to preserve the SAFETY and FREEDOM I enjoy as an American. Not looking to get into a pissing match over the constitution or my choice of words. Again, don't be so literal.

4. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Respectfully, they're preserving neither, though I'm sure they work their asses off trying to. No disrespect to the people doing the work.

I'm gonna ask it again since no one responded the first time: When did we become a nation of complete pussies? Did those Saudi Arabian guys in the planes drop the Towers and castrate us?

Whenever talk turns to terrorism in this country now it's like talking with a room full of soccer moms. What about our SAFETY and our SECURITY?!?!?

What about 'em? They're not guaranteed, and the best you're going to get is taking matters into your own hands. Learn how to defend yourself in some fashion. Those people on United 93 had the right idea. Go down swinging.

What I find the most hilarious, and this is not directed at you, it's just an example, is that the same people bitching and moaning about security and safety and love the TSA are often the same folks who are totally concerned that the government is getting bigger! Do something about all my problems government, but don't expand, or I'll be mad!

This country used to be impressive because it persevered against severe challenges. Now we're too fat, stupid, scared shitless, and busy watching shit like American Idol to bother. Small wonder we're no longer the envy of the world.

5. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    please.... keep your pants on..... :eek:
    x2!

If this is what it takes to keep my plane from blowing up... then so be it... i don't really care. I get to the airport 2 hrs early so i can deal with this kind of stuff. I too have better things to worry about.

6. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

I'm not the least bit interested in making friends, no offense.

I think we need to calibrate some terms here. "Ass on the line"? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's not pretend the TSA is in the same league as inner-city cops or marines on the ground in Afghanistan.

Telling middle-income white (and sometimes brown or black) people from the suburbs that they can't take their toothpaste onboard because the container is too large and they may be transporting Colgate Brand Plastique (Minty fresh detonation!) is not life-on-the-line work. And it has nothing to do with preserving American Freedom. This country had plenty of liberty well before air travel, it just took a little longer to get home on Thanksgiving so you could spend 3 days being pissed off by your in-laws. They had to take trains or cars.

It's as good a paycheck as any other, but tone down the nobler-than-thou approach here. That's well into the land of hilarity.

Once again, I recommend a healthy dose of George Carlin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8pd0fDNaA

7. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    ThisGuy

ThisGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    litchfield park, az
    Vehicle:
    All Black 2010 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    3" lift, PC wheels, 33" Cooper SST. Volant intake w/ scoop, Gibson exhaust, black tails & 3rd, grillcraft black mesh....more to come
    Your talking g about defending ourselves against terrorism and standing up for yourself but you're only trying to fight your own government. Granted, I hate the direction our current president is taking us but I realize the need for certain security measures and have no problem abiding by them if it will keep Americans safe. I'm

8. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:54 PM
    jivewalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    Good point, what I find inapproprite is people post shit like the stuff below.

9. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:57 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Truth hurts eh?

Bones308 has been more or less right on since the beginning.

Airport security is largely showmanship. Nobody has to go through security screening to enter a Wal-Mart, and you could fuck up a lot more American lives by performing some heinous act in one of those. It wouldn't get any press because it doesn't have the cachet that air accidents do. Plane crashes make dramatic news, people tune in.

Murder on plain old terrestrial surfaces? Meh. Not interesting any more. That became passe during the 80s when crack turned DC into a warzone.

The Terrorists (proper noun) are now the government and media's ultimate scare machine. Whenever they want You People (proper noun) to capitulate to another bullshit regulation, wiretapping, warrantless search, or whatever other destruction of the personal freedom we used to have, they'll just wrap it in the name of fighting The Terrorists. They're out there. Somewhere. Hiding. And they're trying to blow up your Ford Focus specifically.

Children are scared of the bogeyman. It's a lot more depressing to see an entire nation of adults, most of them educated, acting the same way.

Additional study:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4

10. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:12 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    I never said anything about Osama winning the war. The war is immaterial. You've taken your eye off the ball.

The goals of these organizations have never had anything to do with armed conflict. The fact that people think it has anything to do with armed conflict shows how poor the public's comprehension of the situation is and remains.

Al-Qaeda's stated mission for decades has been to ruin the US economically because of its support of Israel and what they refer to as the Zionist state. Considering the massive expansion of government debt under Bush and Obama both following the 9/11 attacks, this objective is well under way.

The fact that the public at large doesn't recognize this speaks to the reality that the media isn't interested in informing you about the world around you. They're interested in telling you what you want to hear so they keep generating ad revenue.

You look around at the economy that's been spiraling down the shitter for close to three years now. The massive bailouts of the rich with public dollars, the massive expenditures on economic stimulus programs that are horribly mismanaged...the massive expansion of government administrations that never get cut, ever, by anyone.

They are achieving their objective, those Terrorists that are Out There. Have we caught them yet?

To add: Our men and women in the services are being sent to die in foreign lands on false pretenses, and it's a motherfucking disgrace that they're treated in such a way. While our country rots from the inside out. And the fact that no one seems to care is the biggest shame of it all.

11. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    I will keep my thoughts on the body scan short and simple.....

35000 quick step in and out scans OR.........

no scans or enhanced security and maybe falling 33000 feet from the sky:eek: yikes!

I'll have the scan please.......hold the stare, pointing and applause :D

Keepin it light fellas!

12. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    This is probaby one of the top 5 most effed up things I have ever heard. Every soldier takes an oath and must follow their order no matter what. That can disagree 100% with the war and must go fight. If you were to tell them this what point would it make. They are just doing the job that most won't whether you agree with what they are doing or not you have to support the troops. Now if you went up to some of the more politically active members and said this fine. But to single out a soldier is a low blow. The fact that most soldiers are politically active is just because politicians can basically cost them their life.

13. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    Wow, way off course. No need to keep copies of the scans on the machine. I can see using them and a picture of the person for training, with consent of course.

14. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    LOL radiation will mess you up.

15. Nov 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    The thought of this makes me chuckle.

1) Government is, has and never will be be legally required to protect you.
    2) Your rights include many things, like right to free speech, practice any religion, right to an attorney, and in this case your right to not be subject to unreasonable search and seizure. They don't include the nonexistent right to a safe flight - that is a luxury!
    - Let me give some examples of reasonable search and how they relate:
    A) A real officer (not a "TSO") stops someone for speeding. They notice the driver acting particularly skiddish, seemingly motioning under the seat and are reasonably suspicious that the driver may be hiding something. This entitles them to certain activities.
    B) The same officer then notices the smell of weed in the car. This is now probable cause, opening up more avenues for the officer to investigate and take action as needed.

The TSA has no legally justifiable suspicion, whether it be mere suspicion, reasonable suspicion, or probable cause let alone being able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there is reason to search everyone.

That would be like an officer frisking every person because 'at one point a person had a gun.' That wouldn't fly in court, nor should this fly at all. The body screening/pat-downs should at MOST be secondary screening method after some sort of suspicion is aroused.

16. Nov 18, 2010 at 4:32 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    I just want to point out that THIS is why that whole military situation in Iraq/Afghanistan bugs me so much.

That the men and women in the services perform their duties so well despite these odds set against them is a credit to their integrity and character. That their lives are being put at risk for questionable reasons is a loss for the country, no matter who wins the fight.

Thanks for your service.

17. Nov 18, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    "That makes you one misinformed man to rely on fake security."

HAHA I got this an - rep!! How are these scanners fake security do they just put a random gun on people who aren't really carrying! No they scan the body if you dont want people to see your belly button ring take it out before you go to the air port and suck it up walk through the scanner or get patted dow,n if not dont fly. I could care less if you dont want to get on a plane now just because you think that someone is going to see your man boobs in a distorted blue color picture form get over it.

18. Nov 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
  19. Nov 18, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    FASTK

FASTK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Columbus
    Vehicle:
    2010 4dr 4x4 long bed
    What is 35,000 more naked pictures on the internet? Talk about a drop in the ocean. Plus all you see is some blurry silhouette.

This is so much ado about nothing. In a couple weeks the media will quit hyping this and we can all move on.

20. Nov 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    I'm against the increased security measures. As others have said in this thread, this is just what the "terrorists" want to happen. They only needed to induce fear and our country is throwing it's principles out the window for fear of loss of life. We have traded thousands of lives of servicemen and women in the middle east for oil market stability, yet the thought of even one domestic plane crash brings our constitutional rights into jeopardy?

LIBERTY is the reason that this country was born, FEAR will be the reason it dies.

To Top