1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Body Scanner Saved 35,000 'NAKED' Images

Discussion in 'Travel' started by BuckNakedBooda, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Nov 18, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tr...-saved-35-000-naked-images-4.html#post2400240 should address the foundation for the scans. They [the TSA] HAS NO RIGHT to do these scans to everybody. Even if they did have the right, here is a brief explanation of why their security wouldn't stop anything:

As per the actual scans, the sense of security they entail is merely artificial and here's why:
    Terrorists are always one (or more) step ahead of our pathetic security. If we install full body scanners, they use materials/chemicals that are undetectable in the scanners. If we did cavity searches, they would swallow the explosives instead or have them surgically implanted. If we did cavity searches, full body scanners, patdowns and full X-rays, we'd A) die from too much radiation very early and B) miss our flight

Baggage is a much greater concern than scanning people, because baggage can easily contain enough explosives to knock any plane out of the sky. So can people, but with such an emphasis on people-scanning, more lethal baggage/cargo is likely to head onto the plane.

Let's be real here (even if offensive)... TSOs are not exactly top of their class material, more like bottom of their class or high school dropouts. I'd venture to guess that like any human, they miss the vast majority of dangerous items.

The 130 items the TSA has caught 'due to the new scanners' is a joke - 130 out of what, MILLIONS?! How many were actually dangerous? How many would not have been caught by Metal Detectors/Intelligence (ok the latter is missing from the TSA entirely, but...)? We are probably down to 0 items caught by full body scanners that would have posed a threat or not have been caught by other methods.

As you can tell, I am not a fan of the TSA, nor have I been for years now. I have demanded my Congresspeople reprimand them and halt their invasive & unconstitutional searches. I have a history of confronting the TSA and venting my dislike of their entire agency on many occasions, way before full body scanners even came to fruition.

2. Nov 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I haven't had time to read the thread, but I have an idea and wanted to see what fellow TW members think about it.

I believe every pilot/navigator and stuartist should take self defense classes, as well as arrest and control technique classes.
    Every pilot should also take gun safety and gun defense/training classes. And every stuartist/navigator take taser defense/training classes.
    As well as everyone taking classes on how to use peper spray.

Every pilot should be armed with a small pistol and all stuartists should be armed with tasers and peper spray. All of which are concealed.
    Before even boarding the plane with these items, they should have mocked training exercises to practice their new skills and tools.

And every plane should have a heavy steal door to protect against intrusion, which I think they all have now.

I don't think these new body scanners are 100% effective and I don't like them. I heard that terrorist can still hide items in their anal cavity. So is the TSA going to start searching all of our.....you know what, I don't think so. Therefor these machines are useless. We should go back to the older x-ray type, as well as using criminal profiling techniques. Criminal profiling can go a long ways!

As far as explosives are concerned, we should deploy more of those air puffer machines. As well as deploying more dogs to search for explosives. It would be almost impossible for anyone to get away with explosives after the dogs and or the 'air puffer machine' are used to search people and their luggage.

We can only go so far with searching people, before we know it, they will start strip searching everyone before they board. No thanks.

They will always find ways to get weapons on, and no amount of new scanner machines or tools will prevent this. The best thing we can do is protect ourselves.

3. Nov 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

LOl, I don't think she Keestered it guys & it ain't up her ass !! She fisted it right up the holiest of holes my friends.....:eek::eek:

4. Nov 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    Learn to take care of yourself, because when shit hits the fan, if you don't help yourself, no one will...

I was part of a flight safety training course post-9/11 in which we were trained how to 'handle our own.' Needless to say, here's a hint: Anyone proficient enough can turn virtually anything on a plane into a weapon. Belts, seatbelts, tray tables, magazines, etc. Arming the pilots and somewhat weaponizing the stewardesses is truly a great step in the right direction. Empowering the people on the aircraft to fend for themselves if something starts to go down will net the best results when combined with the above. Just as on the ground, if a criminal/terrorist knows who the police are, they avoid them. But if everybody is a sleeper vigilante, they have no safezones and are destined to fail.

It's God's job to forgive the terrorists, it's our job to arrange the meeting.

5. Nov 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Positive Rep for you! lol :thumbsup:

6. Nov 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    You guys can argue all you want, where's the nudes????:D

7. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    X2 lol

8. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    shoe bomb = take shoes off
    shampoo bomb = can only bring small bottles on board
    underwear bomb = body scans
    whats next:
    buttplug bomb = full cavity search

lets talk about the $8.00 p/hr security guards that are looking at theses "body scans".
    have they passed a minimal background check? yes.
    have they missed so called dangerous items in the past? yes.
    will they miss dangerous items in the future? probably.

this push for security is disrupting our lives and that is exactly what terrorism is meant to do. so yes the terrorists are winning this battle. it sucks, doesn't it?

how many of you have seen the video of the tsa "agent" trying to pat down the 3 year old girl. the tsa "agent" refuses to give up trying to pat her down while the child is screaming at the top her lungs to stop touching me. Is this really neccesary?
    imo no
    the last thing i want is some $8.00 p/hr tsa "agent" looking at or touching my 13 year old daughter.
    have i flown since 9-11? no. will i fly again? probably not.
    if my life is going to be in anyones hands, it will be in my own.

9. Nov 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    Bones308

Bones308 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Casper, WY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    2006 Tacoma Double cab TRD V6 4x4 K&N air filter, Flowmaster exhaust 285/75/16 Tires yes its a 6 SPEED!!!
    jandrews-

Well thank you for that my friend, and I would have to add that I 100% agree with everything you have said although this part was my favorite, Beautifully said:
    "The Terrorists (proper noun) are now the government and media's ultimate scare machine. Whenever they want You People (proper noun) to capitulate to another bullshit regulation, wiretapping, warrantless search, or whatever other destruction of the personal freedom we used to have, they'll just wrap it in the name of fighting The Terrorists. They're out there. Somewhere. Hiding. And they're trying to blow up your Ford Focus specifically."

That is so right on I dont even know If I could have said it better!

These are scary times right now people, if we dont watch out, our children will be growing up not ever knowing the America and freedoms we all enjoy today, and doing school projects on and reserarching what freedom used to be like and how an amazing concept it used to be........

Freedom...........lost in the name of security, Rest In Peace.

10. Nov 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    Fixed that for you.

11. Nov 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    So you are not objected to having your rights violated? If/when the government wanted to stop you from practicing your religion, from speaking negatively about Chevy's, or if you were convicted of a crime without due process, you would have no problem with that, right? Or maybe the cops will pull you over and feel you up for no reason whatsoever - maybe focusing moreso on your wife, girlfriend and/or daughter(s).

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/11/coica-web-censorship-bill/
    - That is another rights violation about to happen.

12. Nov 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I think the point some of these guys are making, poorly, is that this is a borderline violation of unreasonable search and seizure, which is very much a constitutionally protected right.

One could make the argument based on this:

That a pat-down without an issued warrant is illegal.

Whether or not that argument is correct is a matter for the courts to decide. But their position is not without validity.

13. Nov 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage

14. Nov 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    Bones308

Bones308 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Casper, WY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    2006 Tacoma Double cab TRD V6 4x4 K&N air filter, Flowmaster exhaust 285/75/16 Tires yes its a 6 SPEED!!!
    Ha ha thanks brotha!

15. Nov 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    Your remarks are insidious and simply wrong. If you knew your rights, you might understand why this is wrong. Criminals also often say 'I know my rights' when they haven't an f-ing clue. Watch cops... For your sake, please read the Bill of Rights

There are more reasons against the scanners than there are for it. Unless of course you are one of the lobbyists whose job it is/was to convince the TSA to keep using/buy the scanners!

16. Nov 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    4 out of 5 people support the use of the scanners.
    glad someone does it, if it was left up to the guys whining about illegal BS then we'd never get off the ground because they'd be botching about who is gonna join the circle jerk next. LOL

17. Nov 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    What questions were asked in that poll and how were they worded? Is it appropriate to survey a random sample of Americans when the majority of flights are taken by seasoned travelers? What would the 'exit poll' say if/when the same survey is taken after those surveyed are subjected to these measures?

Your latter comments are unworthy of a response.

18. Nov 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    That exactly how I feel about the posts against the security checks.

19. Nov 18, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Does anyone else notice that the most active people on this are very for or against the intensified screenings? I am for them personally. As far as my reasoning, first I have nothing to hide so it should go smoothly. And second, maybe you don't personally want to feel singled out and scrutinized by an elaborate check but I do. As a fellow passenger, I want to know that I am safe. As for those who say that TSA hardly finds things anyway, is there no peace of mind that someone at least looked? If nothing else, these advanced measures at least deter terrorists from using the airlines as their weapon of choice again.

20. Nov 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    Explain.

I and probably everyone on here against these methods have nothing to hide either. But that should not mean we should be subjected to them as they are overtly invasive and unconstitutional. Relying on the TSA [or anyone else for that matter] to protect you is a deadly mistake to make. I knew the man who fought back against the terrorists and overcame them on flight United 93.

To Top