1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bolt Sizes???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoBadger990, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Aug 3, 2015 at 9:08 PM
    TacoBadger990

TacoBadger990 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner 05
    K&N CAI
    Today, I was changing all my spark plugs in my vehicle, and I snapped one of the bolts to the ignition coils. I am wondering what type of bolt I need so it can be replaced. I already removed the bolt thread that was snapped with my pliers (a big PHEW!). Also, I removed my throttle body as well and luckily enough (or not so lucky) I was able to remove the bolts without breaking it inside the throttle body. Upon removing it, I noticed that one of the bolts wasn't gonna last as it was cut in the middle from too much torque. If anyone has any information on the bolts that are needed, I would appreciate your assistance.

2. Aug 4, 2015 at 6:51 PM
    TacoBadger990

TacoBadger990 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner 05
    K&N CAI
    Solved the issue. After checking at autozone and not getting any kind of luck, I decided to snag some old hardware (bolts and washers) and try the sizes. No dice. So, I ended up borrowing an old tap and die set, surprised that the dies were still useable. I ended up measuring both the ignition coil and throttle body bolts to be 1.0 metric. Using a m7x1.00 die, I cut a new thread into the bolts I needed and replaced the missing bolts in my truck. Everything is on tight and secure!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  3. Aug 4, 2015 at 6:58 PM
    tomwil

tomwil Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast USA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4x4
    I dislike threads like this, that don't offer the solution.

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top