1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Borderbrat's build thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by borderbrat, Sep 24, 2009.

1. borderbrat

borderbrat [OP] Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2008, Black sand pearl, SR5, 4X4
    PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with Hella Black Magics, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.
    Well I've had my truck for almost two years now and there has been alot of changes to it since I got it here's the evolution.

I bought my 2008 V6 SR5 4x4 from metro lexus victoria in April 2008.
    The night I brought it home
    [​IMG]
    Then a few days later I decided to take a road trip to Calgary AB to visit some friends that trip is when I began to truly appreciate the quality of truck Toyota had built me.
    In Alberta
    [​IMG]
    Back in BC
    [​IMG]
    One way
    [​IMG]
    Yes there is a dent in the rear fender that happened 2 days after I got the truck, it has since been fixed
    [​IMG]

The mods began soon after I got home from Alberta.
    First thing I ever did was bolt on a toyota devil emblem and add some piaa lights in the stock fog spots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Followed quickly by 120V outlets in the cab
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The horror!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next thing I did was install some puddle and bed lights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I quickly grew tired of doing unintentional burnouts every time I took off on wet pavement so I got myself some new tires.
    After a lot of research I decided on Firestone Destination A/T in 265/75/16 size
    [​IMG]
    They have done me well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Things slowed here I started my OBA system but only got as far as buying and installing the compressor.
    [​IMG]
    That was it for quite a while i lurked and surfed and researched to make my next move when i decided all that was lacking was money I didn't have enough saved up to comfortably buy everything I wanted but lucky for me I was soon being deployed money would not be a problem after that.

About two months before I got home I started to buy everything mainly off ebay but there were a few things that were bought locally as it was just easier.

Bought a scanguage and blendmount and installed them (eBay)
    [​IMG]

Ipod adapter (eBay)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bike fork mounts got them from Mountain Equipment Co-op for about $20 each took the rail off drilled two holes into a couple pieces of flat stock bolted them in and reinstalled the rail easy peasy and they won't move.
    [​IMG]
    I take the skewer out when there isn't a bike hooked in otherwise it rattles around and pisses me off to no end
    [​IMG]

Got a good deal on a complete on board air system so I bought it and decided to use the compressor that I already had cause it was a much better unit anyway and it was already bolted to the truck. (eBay)
    Bought 50ft of 200psi air hose from home depot on sale instead of using the rigid hose that came with the kit, and i've used an ass ton of air fittings, hose clamps and teflon tape. I'm very pleased with how everything turned out so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yeah the kit came with air horns great for getting those F350 drivers' attention when they think it's their god given right to cut people off. :D
    [​IMG]

The next two things are tied between what i like the most
    got a randy ellis light bar and 4 hella black magic driving lights (eBay for the bar and one set of lights local for the other set)
    [​IMG]

Old man emu suspension for front and rear. I had the front installed by a local shop cause well driveway alignments aren't very good and I didn't want to kill myself with a cheap spring compressor. (Local from Cap-it Victoria could have gotten a better deal with north shore off road but I was in a hurry)
    [​IMG]
    They ride sweet haven't got the rear installed yet. Gonna go to a buddies place one weekend and get it done cause he has a lift and I don't know if you can see my driveway, but its kinda sloped and not jack stand friendly.

Misc electrical
    Switches are configured different now, now the far right is for the compressor, the horns will not work if the compressor switch is not on. The middle is for both the bed and puddle lights I use them together anyways so I decided to combine them. The fog light switch controls all the aftermarket lights up front. When the switch is on the piaas are on as long as the high beams aren't on, and the hellas only come on with the high beams. Neither work when the switch is off.
    [​IMG]
    All my relays and fuse holders are contained within an enclosure to keep the engine bay neat and tidy
    [​IMG]

Dakars installed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pick me up a magnaflow cat back and installed it that night in the dark.
    [​IMG]

I would like to install lockers front and rear, but for the amount of off roading I do there's not much point. So I would like to get a limited slip put in the rear, not a detroit locker something similar to the stock toyota unit.
    Last but not least I want a plate rear bumper and some sliders, don't know how my air tank position is going to affect mounting the new rear bumper. I will solve that problem when I come to it.

2. Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Nice build

3. ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    lookin' good man!
    where did you get that piaa fog kit from?
    did it come with mounts as well?

4. baildavc

baildavc TREADING LIGHTLY!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Jasper, AL
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 white DC OR
    3 inch lift, 33's, bull bar, debadged, windows tinted, direct wired power inverter, blacked out front emblem,
    Very Nice!

5. t-com09

t-com09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 single cab 4x4 sr5
    Bilstien 5100's yellow foglights toolbox pop n' lock
    truck looks good man

6. borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with Hella Black Magics, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.
    piaas are just normal everyday piaas had to put longer bolts in the mount then i used two nuts to fasten it to the stock mounting points
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    thanks dude

thanks man i don't know how you do it you must not spend a penny on anything but your truck.

thank you

:thumbsup:

8. ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    looks good!!
    could i trouble you for a part number on them piaas?

9. borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    wtf sausage monger :laugh:

10. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    :woot:

nice build BB!

11. borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Thanks AK
    Lol I think I've played that game

12. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
    Very nice build, BB! :)

13. borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    thanks colton

14. borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Update time....
    my buddy Jacee came over and helped me install my new leafs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know I know i look really young
    [​IMG]
    old vs new
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jaycee caught me mid scratch draining my air tank.
    [​IMG]
    huge difference truck feels more sturdy too
    [​IMG]

As of now I'm done all the big projects. I need to redo some wiring I'm in the middle of making a new wiring harness for all my aftermarket gear. I need to replace my bed and puddle lights with something a little more robust. They're coming soon so stay tuned.
    to be continued....

15. Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Wow man you've done a lot. Looks really good, you need to get some sliders on there now.

16. 07trd4x4

07trd4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    LX470
    Nice build

17. borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    sigh i know and bumpers. need to find someone to build me a set that will actually listen to what i want and not do what they please.

18. Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Good lookin truck. Nice build, looks good. :thumbsup:

19. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    looks good jeremy! :woot:

20. 01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Bluefield, WV
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner with No-slip locker
    4WD Conversion, No-slip locker, 5100s set at 2.5" and shackles in the back. Black 2nd gen rims, and Courser M/T tires, Bull Bar,Fog lights, UWS toolbox, CB Radio, Fiberglass antenna, 2nd Gen Badges, Deck Plate Mod, Diff Breather Mod, Sockmonkey decals.
    Looking good man!:thumbsup:

To Top