1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Borla exhaust options

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by mash25, Oct 15, 2012.

1. mash25

mash25 [OP] Roll Tide Roll

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC Sport 4X4..
    TGC 3'' lift,18'' Addicts,33'' Trail Grapplers
    Im about to buy an exhaust and I think I've narrowed it down to Borla...now I can buy the whole catback system for $550 or I can pay $100 for the muffler and $15 for a tip and do it myself...my question is what's the main difference besides $400 bucks and stainless piping? Cause they are both 2.25 pipe. Will my sound or any gains be different between the 2....:confused:

2. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Central Scrutinizer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    Just get the muffler, save the rest for beer and more mods.

3. fyremanpat

fyremanpat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC LB TRD Sport w/Entune
    OME 886x and 5100's all the way around. Toytec AAL. Phillips x-treme vision headlights. 886 reverse lights. Borla exhaust. 20% tint. Hi 6 mod. 285/65/18 Nitto TG on 18" Moto Metal 955's. Airaid intake. Scanguage2.JBA LT's.GC Grill..more to come.
    i have a borla center in/out you wont notice any gains but you will notice the sound. its not to loud...i had flowmasters on my Tahoe and the borla is MUCH quieter and a completely different sound

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Personally I like having a quality piece on the truck instead of just having a muffler welded in but it is all personal preference.

5. mash25

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC Sport 4X4..
    Well after reading and watching vids all day I changed my mind and went with the Aero Turbine 2525...she'll be here Thursday and I've already got a chubby

6. Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    ^ EXCELLENT CHOICE! I have a full 2.5" exhaust with custom piping and an AeroTurbine 2525, finished with a dual SS rolled side exit tip. Best setup I've run yet! Sound is amazing, although I have no dyno, there is what I believe is a modest gain in mid-to-top end which is what I was looking for (highway passing power) around 75-80mph. There is a little lost on the low end, but I wasn't concerned with that I needed the power to be up top because my truck is a long haul highway commuter.

7. mash25

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC Sport 4X4..
    Got my AT2525 put on and all I can say is this thing screams!!!!! I just got the muffler welded on and now I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do with the tip...either a turn down over the axle or a tip...what y'all think?

8. jmangone

jmangone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    josh
    boca raton
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD
    Tint,debadged, anytime fog mod ,diff breather extention for now........
    i also am in the mood to put on a new exhaust, but im finding it difficult to find for 2013. once i do find a site what should i use? Borla, flowmaster? should i use the whole kit, cause i want to have a gain in hp and a nice clean sound without breaking the bank. any help would be great.

9. MY13TRD

MY13TRD New Member

Member:
    NORTH GEORGIA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Do have any sound clips or pictures?

To Top