1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Boss Bass 600 Amplified SubWoofer

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MurphMan, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Dec 9, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    MikeF

MikeF Active Member

Member:
    Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5
    3" Lift Morimoto Mini D2S bixenon retrofit 265/75/16 motometal 951b satoshi Alpine IXA-W404 + components
    Crazy, Dimensions from the manufacturer suggests it will fit under my seat perfectly? Is there any difference in the 08 and 09 seat brackets I wonder? Anyone interested in grabbing a few pics with measuring tape out to compare? could be useful to other members if we can find out, I can't stick a sub anywhere else or the dog would most likely damage it somehow and I need the space.

2. Dec 9, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    machman

machman Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Alabama
    Vehicle:
    03 DC PreRunner TRD V6
    When I was trying to figure out if my amp would fit under the front seat of my 03 DC, I made a box out of cardboard the same size of the amp. It worked really well and let me see any clearance issues ahead of time before purchasing the amp.

3. Dec 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    jokerjp

jokerjp Active Member

Member:
    central IL
    Vehicle:
    TRD off road rugged trail
    I suggest you use the cardboard box method described above that's what I did before I purchased and installed the 1200 under the passengers seat of my 08. I suspect you'll find that it does indeed fit, but the bar at the back of the seat needs to be repositioned for proper clearance. It's really no big deal, pull the seat, remove the plastic trim around the bottom, loosen 2 bolts, turn the bar 180 degrees, reassemble. While you're under there bend the brackets that hold the sensor wiring harness and you're all set.

4. Dec 9, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    jokerjp

jokerjp Active Member

Member:
    central IL
    Vehicle:
    That's the model I installed under the seat of my 08 TRD OR. It'll fit with the modifications I suggest above.

Side note for others thinking of installing the unit under seat:
    I suggest that you affix it to the floor with wide strips of velcro, I tried to screw mine down first and regret trying that as it put an unnecessary hole in my floor and the rubber hold down units that come with the sub aren't really very impressive. The velcro has worked great since I installed the unit and it's never moved. Lesson learned

5. Dec 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    might have to try one of these things....:cool: found the 1200 for $110 w/free shipping!!

6. Dec 9, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    pikegi

pikegi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 WHT LB DC TRD Sport 4X4
  7. Dec 10, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    This seems like a great deal. I'm not looking for huge bass so this might be the ticket. I started thinking about replacing the rear center console in my 09 Access Cab with a infinity basslink but didn't want it out in plain view.

I looked around and Kenwood and Clarion make a version of this too but they are larger and don't seem to have the same amount of output.

Might have to give it a try after the holidays.

8. Dec 10, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    jokerjp

jokerjp Active Member

Member:
    central IL
    Vehicle:
  9. Dec 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    pikegi

pikegi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I just installed the 1200 this weekend under the passenger seat. First I must say that it will fit but it is very tight. I turned the back bar like mentioned before and bent the sensor bar connected to the seat. I am still trying to get the right settings, but pleased with the outcome. My last ride I had 2 12's and was not expecting the same sound, but really impressed how it filled in the low's. I would recommend this if someone is looking for a great sound without rattling the windows of the car sitting next to them.

10. Dec 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    they're like $69 now. I might get one for my little cousin, he's not really looking for earth shattering bass and stuff, severe budget, so this should be good enough for him anyways.

11. Dec 15, 2009 at 5:19 AM
    pikegi

pikegi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I did have heater vents and I just tucked them under the carpet. You will know what I am talking about when you remove the seat. I usually dont run the heat on my feet so I am not really worried about the feet of my backseat passengers...I would stay with the 1200 vs the 600. The 1200 does NOT have a lot of bass so I can only imagine what the 600 has. Just my .02!

12. Dec 15, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    do you know it's even there?

13. Dec 23, 2009 at 3:50 AM
    MikeF

MikeF Active Member

Member:
    Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5
    3" Lift Morimoto Mini D2S bixenon retrofit 265/75/16 motometal 951b satoshi Alpine IXA-W404 + components
    Great that's what I was looking for thanks! What model did you use?

14. Dec 23, 2009 at 4:49 AM
    pikegi

pikegi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    It has been a little over a week since I installed my 1200 under the passenger seat and I must say I am more impressed with this speaker every day. You can definitely tell it is there from the sound it puts out. It does take some time playing with the settings both on the speaker and head unit. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the outcome of this mod.

15. Dec 23, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Nice man, Im glad to hear you like it. I looked at these awhile back but couldnt find any reviews on them.

16. Dec 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    MurphMan

MurphMan [OP] Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Short money, go4it! You won't be sorry unless you're trying to bounce all 4 tires off the road.

17. Dec 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ok so ALL IN ALL, with that Boss box, it should basically sound like a very nice factory system (say like how Mercedes Benz has Bose, it just sounds great even though it's in a sense factory). Something like that. I am tempted to get my little cousin this, he doesn't need earth shaking bass, but he would like to at least know it's there in a way.

18. Dec 26, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    wolfgang123

wolfgang123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Skyler
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    1997 TACOMA - 4x4
    i just got the 1200 it fits under my 1st gen seat with room to spare. :)

19. Dec 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM
    wareagle5693

wareagle5693 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    3" Spacer Lift, with Bilstein 5100s front and rear, BHLM, Satoshi grill, Blacked out tail lights, Midland CB radio, 4' Radio Shack antenna mounted in the bed, Volant CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Magellan GPS, debadged, aries bull bar, pro comp 7089 wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6200BT head unit, eagle eyes halo projector, 8000K DDM tuning HID bulb
    Norm... how does it sound in the cab? I have an 8" bazooka sub right now, but I'd sure love to get the back seats back, and I could get a 2" bigger sub with it! :D

20. Dec 28, 2009 at 1:18 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    norm, it won't sound like your bazooka. It's basically a beefed up OEM type of system, like a dealership option before you bought the entire vehicle type upgrade (this is including the new h.u. and Boss 1200 box).

I am hoping my little cousin has some cash to try all this out so I can feel it out as well before buying all my stuff (I was kind of going big on my upgrade, 10" sub, custom behind center console box, etc., but I may do this if it's good enough for me, if not I already have most of the stuff I need, just need a new h.u, dash kit and some more wiring and the box).

Products Discussed in

To Top