1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Boss lift and Mickey Thompson rims and tires!! Stoked..but I have a few questions.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by T@com@Steve, May 23, 2015.

1. May 23, 2015 at 6:48 PM
    T@com@Steve

T@com@Steve [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    15 4x4 DCLB
    Patched headliner, loud rack, too much shit in the bed
    I put a Toytec Boss lift on my 99 3.4L 4x4 TRD truck today, along with Mickey Thompson classic bead lock rims and Mickey Thompson ATZ tires that I scored off Craigslist. I love the way they look, but I will probably flip the whites in and derp the rims. What do you guy's think? Kinda like the old school look too.

The install was my first ever and it went fairly well. The fronts were simple. The rears were a pain in the ass! Had to cut both u-bolts on one side. Oh well it is finished and I am pumped!!

I have a couple questions though........

If you look at the pic of the e-brake cable it is hitting the top of the leaf pack on both sides. Is it possible that when I hit a big bump it will trigger the brakes? Maybe that is a dumb question but regardless it is sketchy.

The second question is the brake proportioner. It is hitting the brake lines if I put it where it is supposed to be. I just wanted to see what would happen so I rigged it the way you see it now.

The third question is my measurments on the front. I bought 600# coils and only got 2 1/4" lift. Kinda bummed because the ass is all jacked up. Since these are adjustable, can I raise it up a little bit more? I know Toytec does not suggest it but I thought that was to never go over 3".

Thanks for any input!! Can't wait to start the mods on this. I have had it since 2004 and finally getting around to some new stuff.

photo 3 (14).jpg
    photo 1 (17).jpg
    photo 2 (16).jpg
    photo 1 (16).jpg
    photo 2 (15).jpg

2. May 23, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    thestandup

thestandup Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4
    Looks awesome man! It's an old school truck so might as well keep it Rollin like that

3. May 23, 2015 at 7:45 PM
    00yotasr5

00yotasr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    lee
    merced, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 4X4 RED DEVIL
    Icon ext travel expo leafs rear billies 5125 10'' travel bamf bpv relocate Brute Force Fab Sliders allpro ss brake lines f/r LR UCA 22in wetokled bar RAT Products ifs skid ARB rear locker Ultra gauge Redline Hood Struts Blue Sea Fuse box smittybilt xrc 9.5 w/TJM synthetic rope trail-gear rock assault low profile bumper LED bed strip 12v/usb charger in truck bed
    I would recommend new bpv or get one from Jerry (bamf). Those you have are too short. As for the e brake line touching the leaf, you'll be fine, mine is like that too and I been driving it for 5 years no problem and it function normally.

4. May 23, 2015 at 7:45 PM
    T@com@Steve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    15 4x4 DCLB
    Thanks man! Yeah I kind of like it too. Not what I had intended to do but maybe I will keep it for a while.

5. May 23, 2015 at 7:48 PM
    T@com@Steve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    15 4x4 DCLB
    Ok cool. I guess the cable moves all as one unit with the axle just seems whack?

6. May 23, 2015 at 7:50 PM
    thestandup

thestandup Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4
    It's often harder to change thing back so might as well get the most out of this look for now.

7. May 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM
    00yotasr5

00yotasr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    lee
    merced, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 4X4 RED DEVIL
    Icon ext travel expo leafs rear billies 5125 10'' travel bamf bpv relocate Brute Force Fab Sliders allpro ss brake lines f/r LR UCA 22in wetokled bar RAT Products ifs skid ARB rear locker Ultra gauge Redline Hood Struts Blue Sea Fuse box smittybilt xrc 9.5 w/TJM synthetic rope trail-gear rock assault low profile bumper LED bed strip 12v/usb charger in truck bed
    Yes it moves with the axle.

8. May 23, 2015 at 9:43 PM
    Moosedog

Moosedog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Harrisburg, Or
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma SR5 TRD v6
    kings, dakars, relentless front bumper, NWTI rear bumper
    Looks good man, how much lift did you get in the back? Looks like it sits pretty level. I wouldnt worry about cranking them up another 1/2 inch if you want a little more lift...

9. May 24, 2015 at 4:58 AM
    T@com@Steve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    15 4x4 DCLB
    The rear is 1 3/4" higher. It looks level because my driveway is sloped. It's a work truck and I carry heavy stuff sometimes but that is way out of level. Many years ago a suspension shop flipped my helper spring. It made for a terrible ride and the rear was way up there. When I put in the aal I flipped the helper back around. I was thinking that would get me where I needed to be.

Products Discussed in

To Top