1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bought a lift, what should I replace

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Beauxdon, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:42 AM
    Beauxdon

Beauxdon [OP] TTC #289

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DCSB
    I have looked at a few other posts but didn't get the answers I needed, hopefully someone can help me out. I bought a slightly used set of 5100s front and rear, the front is already assembled. Have a top space. I also got UCAs and Icon Progressive AAL.

My question is what other things should I get, or replace as far as parts. I know I will need new Ubolts. I want to make sure I am not missing anything for install. Going to go at this myself and don't want to be stuck midway through!!

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:45 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    New ubolts? Maybe a flip kit with upgraded bump stops. Might as well do super bumps up front too. Extended brake lines?

3. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:47 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Yes, ubolts. Then also the leaf center pins. I believe 3/8"x5" will do the trick. Make sure you put some anti-seize on the center pins before tightening, they get hot quick and like to strip.

4. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:49 AM
    Beauxdon

Beauxdon [OP] TTC #289

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DCSB
    Do i need to replace bump stops if I don't do any hardcore offroading? Brake lines I didn't write down on my list because I read a few posts saying I didn't need it.

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:54 AM
    Prayn4surf

Prayn4surf 20 minutes late

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma xtra cab
    People put the stainless steel brakelines on for two reasons, better flow for the breakfluid, and to extend the lines to allow for the added travel due to the lift. You dont need them if your not wheeling, but its a really easy thing to do yourself, and not a bad thing for the just in case scenario

6. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:55 AM
    Beauxdon

Beauxdon [OP] TTC #289

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DCSB
    Thanks for the input!

ChadsPride likes this.
  7. Sep 19, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    Prayn4surf

Prayn4surf 20 minutes late

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma xtra cab
    I would add the bumpstops as well, you dont need the most expensive ones on the market, but if you lift your truck, you should adjust the bumps

Loco_Barbon and ChadsPride like this.
  8. Sep 19, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    TXTaco211

TXTaco211 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Vehicle:
    13 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport DCSB
    Kicker Speakers, 5100's with HS coils and HS AAL, Caliraised 30" LED light bar
    I just had to cut my sway bar end links off due to the allen stripping out due to corrosion. So dependent on how yours look you may want to order a set of those. They are pretty cheap on Amazon don't go local as they will cost you twice as much. Or you can just remove the whole sway bar like many have and not worry about it. I am still up in the air on this as I already have replacements but I don't know if I really want to go and reinstall the sway bar.

9. Jan 19, 2020 at 2:10 PM
    3tacoslater

3tacoslater Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma
    Hey tacoma world! Apologies, my first post..i hope it's ok to jump on beauxdon's question..im doing a similar lift on my truck..my question is with the flip kit and progressive aal, it looks like the travel back there is even MORE limited then it was to begin with(obviously). Anyone build this way? Always hitting bump stops? Would the full leaf swap be a better option despite the price differences?

Products Discussed in

To Top