1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bought All-Pro leafs!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacomaNJ, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jan 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    TacomaNJ

TacomaNJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD SR5 Tacoma Ext.Cab
    Ok so I just got my 3pm lift all pro springs and I wanted to know what will I Ned to install them? Will it require new ubolts and I bolts or is this just recommended?

Is there anything I should look out for while installing? Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. Jan 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    You'll definitely want to get new ubolts. The current ubolts will barely fit and the threads get stretched out. If you have access to air tools, I highly recommend using them. You'll also want a helper cause doing it alone would really suck. Obviously a floor jack and two jacks are necessary but you may want to have 4 jack stands to help with the axle. I'd also recommend doing one side at a time. Make sure you PB Blast all the bolts at least the day before to help penetrate. There is no need to remove the entire shackle from the truck, just remove the lower bolt to remove your current leafs. When installing the new leafs, bolts up the front first, line up the leafs then bolt up the back. Because the shackle is movable you have more play in the rear to make adjustments. For the most part is pretty straight forward, just removing bolts and reinstalling. Nothing super technical.

3. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    Space Wrangler

Space Wrangler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JCT
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    04 DC 4x4
    04 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab SAW 2.0's Alcan's Ion 171 wheels 15x8 (-27mm bs) 32" BFG AT's
    i sure could have used a helper and some type of large pry bar when i did mine. ...it sucks doing it by yourself.

..and when i purchased my new leafs (from wheelers), they came with new u bolts. you may want to check on that.

4. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    TacomaNJ

TacomaNJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD SR5 Tacoma Ext.Cab
    Awesome thanks for the tips, can I buy the new ubolts at a local parts store or do I need to get them from allpro ?

5. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    All-Pro doesn't provide new u-bolts but you can buy their u-bolt flip kit for like $50

6. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    ^yah but then u have to add some new shock mounts

7. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    you should be fine doing it yourself, i did my dakars by myself, highly suggest get a impact hammer for the fronts of the leafs, i could not budge mine until i used a electric impact hammer, once you get those off your golden, mine came with new u bolts so that was not a issue for me, i had ordered shims and carrier bearing drop kit just in case i needed them for any vibration issues but i have none, so i did not install either. I see your a 2001 so getting new bolts might be in order if you need to cut your bolts out, not sure what condition your truck is in.. good suspension grease for the bushings, torque wrench and your good to go.. best of luck

8. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    beefcake

beefcake J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    this might be a stupid question, do the all pro leaf packs lift your truck at all? or just replace the old saggy, shitastic toyota leaf packs?

9. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    I had to cut the bolts from the front of the leafs, be prepared for this possibility, a grinder and thin cutting wheel makes short work of them. Since you have it apart, you might as well replace all of the bolts with new grade 8 hardware, it won't cost much.

10. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    theduck911

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Where did you get your bolts for yours?

11. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Ran down to Lowes, they have a pretty good selection. I wish that I had written the specs down so I could save folks some trouble.

While putting it back together, I slathered never seize on all of the non-threaded areas so the bolts wouldn't freeze up in the leafs in case I ever need to take it apart again.

12. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    beefcake

beefcake J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    anybody?

13. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    theduck911

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Oh okay, well I'll just have to head to Crappy Tire (Canadian Equivalent) for some then, and yea I used never seize when installing my UCA's since I know I'm eventually will be going LT

14. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    yes

15. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    theduck911

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Check out their website should give you the info you're looking for

16. Jan 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    stroM-

stroM- @alteregoadventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    Thanks for supporting All Pro!

In order to do a rear leaf spring install you will need to unbolt your shocks, place jacks on your frame and lower the rear axle to release the tension on the springs, unbolt everything and switch them out! Feel free to call and ask for me if you are having any problems during the install!

As for the ubolts... You don't have to use the ones from us, although I would suggest that if you are going to get longer ubolts you might as well go with our ubolt flip kit which will give you much more clearance than the normal ubolts that come stock and hang below the axle.

Once again feel free to PM, email, or call me at All Pro if you have any other questions!

- Jason

Yes our Standard Leaf Springs are a 3 inch lift, best for flex and offroad performance. We also have the new Expedition Leaf Springs which feature a 20% higher spring rate than our standard leaf springs. This is ideal if you are planning to carry a bunch of weight in/on your truck bed. (ie. roof top tent, camper shell, etc)

Products Discussed in

To Top